Back from holiays

Hi there Irishchick!

I've been away too with just enough internet access to read posts & make an occasional response. Your holiday sounds much more exciting, a wedding in Turkey would be quite something I'd imagine.

It's great hearing you sound so much perkier, despite some issues. Struggling to get a diagnosis has such a negative impact, it's so demoralising. I don't know about Mtx and diarrhoea ..... is it a common side effect? I know some people feel nauseous but I don't think I've heard many reports of diarrhoea. I reckon Seenie's suggestion that you rule out a bug is a good one.

I agree that injectable Mtx sounds good. Tablets are cheaper, hence they're prescribed first. I'm a cheap date - tablets agree with me, as much as the injectables would anyway. I stopped Mtx back in January as my ALT was persistently raised which, while it's not dangerous in the short-term, is not ideal either. At first I thought it was due to drinking too much alcohol but that wasn't the case .... over time you can tell by the ratio of one liver enzyme to another whether alcohol's implicated & my rheumy was sure it was not. Anyway, I'm getting more and more saintly by the year thanks to PsA so we're talking maybe 3 - 4 glasses of wine per week these days.

Welcome back!

I don't think it's a bug. I took my second dose last night and had more diarrhea this morning and I also felt really sick. I ;eft a message with the rheumatology nurse so hopefully she will ring me back and I'm going to ask her about the injectable version

Sounds like the Mtx & diarrhoea really correspond then. Hope you can get Mtx injections soon.

Meant to say I've just re-started Mtx so I'm glad I've got used to drinking very little alcohol. And clearly limiting alcohol intake is not difficult for you either, so that's half the battle. Sudden lifestyle changes are hard.

Irishchick said:

Welcome back!

I don't think it's a bug. I took my second dose last night and had more diarrhea this morning and I also felt really sick. I ;eft a message with the rheumatology nurse so hopefully she will ring me back and I'm going to ask her about the injectable version

I was sick this morning as well as the diarrhea. The secretary said the rheumatology nurse does not take calls anymore. Any correspondence has to be through a GP's letter. Such a pain in the A hole.

My regular GP is on holidays but I got an appointment with the locum for bloods. I'm going to ask him but I'm not sure if that's something a locum can do.