B complex with leucovorin and MTX

Hi I am wondering if anyone has experience with taking a B complex vitamin supplement with MTX and leucovorin. I’m thinking it’s probably okay as long as I don’t take it within 24 hours of MTX. I would appreciate any thoughts on this. Also, does anyone know anything about coenzyme q10?

I would ask your doctor. Leucovorin's other name is folate which is a B vitamin. It may be too much with a B complex. I take Folic acid everyday even the day I take mtx as that is what my doctor has me do. I inject mtx which may be the difference. But always let your doctor know about all the meds you take, even OTC. I was taking Vit E and thought I was doing myself something good. My doctor looked stricken and said to stop it immediately. Apparently I have some health problems that can make Vitamin E likely to cause a heart attack, who knew!

Hi Michael, and thanks for your reply. I do know that folic acid is often part of the b complex. I take leucovorin, which is folinic acid. It’s all so complicated, isn’t it? It’s good advice to check with the doc, and I will when they get back to work next week. Gotta get those holidays in, ya know! Lol. In the meantime, just checking the voices of experience. Thanks again!

michael in vermont said:

I would ask your doctor. Leucovorin's other name is folate which is a B vitamin. It may be too much with a B complex. I take Folic acid everyday even the day I take mtx as that is what my doctor has me do. I inject mtx which may be the difference. But always let your doctor know about all the meds you take, even OTC. I was taking Vit E and thought I was doing myself something good. My doctor looked stricken and said to stop it immediately. Apparently I have some health problems that can make Vitamin E likely to cause a heart attack, who knew!