Autoimmune disease in dog!

I am not the only person in my family that has an autoimmune disease. My dog, Dodger, has one! Who would have thought?

Hi Rebel Mom, what does he have?

Its feeding that dog table scraps. Didn't you know all that Dry Rub Tennessee Style BBQ is a know cause of autoimmune disease??????

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

tntlamb said:

Its feeding that dog table scraps. Didn't you know all that Dry Rub Tennessee Style BBQ is a know cause of autoimmune disease??????

Oh Lamb you are too funny! You make me laugh!

Welcome back Rebel Mom I have missed you.

Haven't you noticed how dogs resemble their owners?! We use to have an over weight pug, named Abby. She was blind in one eye and limped when she walked. And snorted when she laughed! Some said she resembled me.......!

Is your dog part Shar Pei by chance? I had a Lab Pei that needed prednisone to keep his allergies at bay. Unfortunately the pred eventually caused Cushings disease and he passed away at 12 years old.

I currently have a Sharpull that has started down the same road this summer. It’s a bummer, but I have to weigh out their quality of life with pred vs hot spots and miserable itching without meds. I definitely have thought about the lessons these dogs are teaching me!

My father, a veterinarian, use to say he would start to itch just seeing a Shar Pei! Must be unique to the breed to have itch troubles.

Awww... sad you both have to deal with autoimmune issues, but funny at the same time.

My cat was on a gluten-free diet before I was diagnosed with celiac!

Rebel Mom, so glad to see you back. I too just came back. Heading your way end of Sept/first of October, working dates out now. Get together? I will send you my dates, let me know if it will work!

Yes, inbox me and we will work thing out!

Well my dog went back to the vet and found out that they found small spot on the ultrasound. It does not look good. He is a six year old catahoula/pitt mix. The sweetest dog one could have.

That stinks. So sorry to hear.

I am sorry about your doggie. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.