Armpit pain

I have been having armpit pain. It is always in my right armpit and radiates down my whole arm. I can’t feel any swollen lymph nodes. Does anybody else experience this?

I don’t have any experience with this. But anything that radiates like that, and persisted, would definitely be sending me to get it checked out.

How long has it been going on? Any new activities that could have caused a strain? Visible redness? Fever? These are the types of questions that you’ll likely need to have answers to, and any sign of infection you should get seen faster.

1 Like

It has been happening off and on for a few months. I was worried about lymphoma, but i can’t feel any swelling.

Is the referred pain like this? https://lifeafterpain.com/info/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/pectoralis-minor-trigger-point.png

1 Like

If so, you will see on the image the two trigger points, try doing acupressure on those points and see if it lessens the pain. You can research trigger point therapy for tips.

1 Like
1 Like

I’ve have pain in that area sometimes. Not severe but leads to the same thoughts as you’ve had. It can radiate into my breast.

Pain specifically in joints e.g. knees is more troublesome but the connection with PsA is at least clearer.

Good advice so far i.e. check for redness, lumps etc. and get it checked out too if it continues. But the most likely explanation is random PsA stuff, there can be a lot of that!

2 Likes

My hand on that arm has been going numb too. Thanks :blush:

Also, a pinched nerve (radiculopathy) in the neck from a bulging or ruptured disc about C8/T1 can cause symptoms you describe. The C8 branch nerve goes under the arm and can numb the 3 middle fingers.
I have a sever radiculopathy at C7/C8 that radiates down my upper arm.

1 Like

But as @Stoney says, get it checked out - its possible it’s something that can be treated and prevent further damage and / or pain. I had a shoulder problem I ignored, and was in a lot of pain (driving for over an hour would have me in tears, and I had to do this at least twice a week), and thought it was PsA for three months. Finally went to a physio and he had it 80% better in one session and 100% in a week. Felt a bit of an idiot! :blush:

3 Likes