About the Symptoms & Treatments category

PsA is at best a unique disease, and we all feel like we are equally unique (maybe even weird.) But that isn’t the case. Please list symptoms so everyone knows they aren’t the only one. How it started how it was, and how it is now.

I started having immune issue’s with Fibromyalgia and IBS in 1995. 7 years ago, the patchy plaque began on my ear, elbows then in a few month’s both knees. The last 3 years the Arthritis hit with stiffness that took me out of work, pains and swelling. The doctor must nut have done the right PSA test when I first began complaining. So I took Tramadol, Wellbutrin, Klonopin, Zanaflex anything. I had no life practically the last 3 years, broke and unable to pay for a Rhuemy, I got by with some Dexamethasone and Prednisone here and there, but then after a week or 2 of that, I had a full body of plaque Psorasis and couldn’t lay in bed more than 3 hours at a time due to stiffness in neck, sausauge feeling toes and fingers. I hardly took work and had my wonderful wife to help me. NOW, after my last blood work at the doctor in May, this past Tuesday she walks in and said I had the highest levels of protein she has seen, hitting over 100… I tried to tell the clinic, but after she saw how broken out my body was with dead cells all over me, she got the right blood test’s and put things together. SO, today is my first day starting on MTX today and of course Folic Acid. Chemo meds, slow the immune system down, just hope it works, Keeping some Dexamethasone around for the steriod help for pain with my tramadol.