A GREAT article!

Hi Gang,

I found this article on Facebook and LOVED it! So very true! I want to share it with you! You might have to copy and paste the link and the article I want to share is called..."What's The Point"? I hope you enjoy it and can relate to it as I did!

Warmly,

Judy

rannygahoots.blogspot.com

Hi Judy,

If I am correct, that was written by our very own 'nym' a Moderator here on our group! She is great, you can read more on 'blogs'! The more you are here and the more you read of hers, you will come to love her too!

I thought it was just perfect for us, don't you?

SK

I LOVED this!! I sent it to all of my family and friends! It is soooo right on!

nym will be pleased! She is on right now!

Hi NYM, Tried to chat with you but either it's not working or I am not doing it right! Just wanted to say your article, "What's The Point" is REALLY good and right on! I have said the same words a million times and I was glad to see it online! Thank you!

Warmly,

Judy

I could not find the article in question but I DID find her pain scale, along with "How do you feel?" I must say, I like her version of the pain scale MUCH MUCH better than the one the doctor gives you. As she points out, you make a worse face than the one shown on "10" when a baby head butts you. I especially like the face that tells you the pain is off the scale. Yup, that about sums it up at times.

Duplicate, sorry. Sometimes my computer jumps and erases stuff. I thought my previous response was gone, hence the duplication.

Here is the article.....

What's The Point?
The point is that she wants to live her life, even if that means making plans and having to cancel them. The point is, knowing she's still included and her friendship still valued is priceless and helps her get through the rough days. She hopes her friends realize that the invitation means the world to her, even if she can't handle going out or is busy with other things.
The point is that although many things can interfere with having a coherent, cohesive conversation, it doesn't mean that she won't still have fun, make wonderful memories, or find joy when spending time with friends. Whether it's due to having small children, health issues, no transportation, or anything else that might hinder her ability to be socially available whenever she wishes, she wants to enjoy her life and her friendships. She wants to live her life to the fullest NOW. She wants to know people care about her. And it probably breaks her heart when she has to cancel or can't participate, but not as much as it breaks her heart to not be invited, or called, or visited. Give your friend a call. Invite yourself over to treat her to coffee or tea. Give her a break. Give her a hug. Give her a hand. Bring her a meal. Include chocolate. Or wine. Or both. Let her know that you miss her. Listen and offer love, even if you don't understand what she's going through. What's the point? Friendship.

Thanks everyone!!! Yes, rannygahoots is my blog. If you go to my blog here on Living with PsA, I often post PsA-related blog posts here. :)

So happy you enjoyed it! :)

Hi Judy,

Hope you are having a good day, just wanted to tell you as I did nym, that I went to her site and read some of her other stories and she is very good. She must be a wonderful Mother! Check them out when you have time!

Wishing you the best!

SK

I did and she is so good! It;s funny that I found her article, not knowing she was a member to this chat group! My husband and kids have been after me for YEARS to write a book about all of my experiences or a cookbook. Have not done either but have given it some thought. Right now I am way to ill to focus on that but hoping....one must hope to feel better, book or no book!

Have been having a very tough time and will see my thumy this month. Will ask about Humira weekly but I will bet she will want me to continue as I am doing since I have only had 2 injections so far and not long enough to give up on our plan....will see . Thanks so much for your support!

Warmly,

Judy

We're with you, when you need us, seems lamb and I seldom sleep for long, we are usually on here half the night and then throughout the day off and on along with the rest of the gang! There are so many great folks here, such a wonderful place to come and 'spill your guts'! Ha!

So glad you are here with us, and ya know Judy, I think it keeps us from ranting so much with our spouses, they surely get tired of hearing us, as supportive as they are!

Stay strong, if you feel like it, start a topic, write a blog, you have so much to teach us! Give us a recipe, but only when you feel like it. Sometimes it helps take our mind away from the misery, sometimes it just isn't the right moment.

Big hugs,

SK