8 weeks on methotrexate... Only getting worse and rapidly!

I know that it takes a while before the good benefits are supposed to start showing, and that the negative side effects can start right away (and did they ever!) but did anyone else have their PsA get waaaay worse after beginning MTX?

I have at least 8 newly affected joints, the ones that were already affected are so much worse now…to top it off I feel as though I have been run over by a truck all the time now. I want to give the MTX a chance to work, because something has to or I m going to go crazy!, but I’m not sure I’m going to make it long enough to see if it helps at this point. It’s so frustrating!

Yes, however I was having increased flares and that was the reasoning for starting MTX. I have no idea if it was because of the progression of the disease or the MTX....but wondering now.

Since starting it I have had more flares and increased daily pain. I've been on the MTX since April of this year, added Sulfasalazine in September and still having daily pain and flares. I see my doctor at the end of the month and his plan was to switch to a biologic at that time..

I got to say I am on methotextrate have been on it for about 10 months now I was feeling a little better at first but in the past month I have been in such great pain a real big flare one that will not eaze up I was walking with a cane evry now and then but last week I had to use a walker for the very first time that was hard for me.i keep myself moving everyday cause I know I need to but it has not been easy I go to see my doc Wednesday to see how things are going guess maybe something new again plus also find my results out from the bone density test I was praying so very much that the metatextrate would be the answer at least for a while I also tried embrel I think he said something about the next step being remicade sorry got off track have a good day

I felt so much better after the 10 days of prednisone almost "cured" it did seem like I got much worse when I started MTX with no prednisone. My disease has progressed much faster than even my rheumy thought would happen, so yes I got worse when I stared taking MTX, but not because of MTX, unless you count the "lovely" MTX side effects.

I know I cant take predizone because the side effects it gives me I believe also it is because my diease has also been progressing along with all the other arthritis I have to I love my rheum he is trying to get me under uncontroll so very much he keeps telling me not to give up and I am not a quitter I just keep telling myself something will work and it is what it is but I know also that some days is very hard to do and I get angry just like we all do and I am so happy I found this sight

It may be time to add in some bandaids like a steroid. Also, if you’re not on a NSAID, and it isn’t contraindicated, that could help too. Let your doc know what is going on. They do like to use what little arsenal they have to make their peeps feel better. Call and let them try.