6 weeks on Humira and feel worse

I spent 3 months on mtx and steriods until my insurance would even consider Humira, i only got worse but humira was my saving grace and it has been amazing unitll now.....however i got a cortizone shot the day before i started humira and my rhuemy thinks maybe that was what was so affective and now the cortizone is wearing off....I hope they find something to help you, there is nothing worse that starting a new med hoping it is going to help you only to have several weeks go by and not see and diffrence! good luck

I was terribly sick - nausea, vomiting - for 2-3 days after I took MTX. I lost a lot of weight. However, the MTX worked for me otherwise.

So I have switched to INJECTABLE MTX. This bypasses your stomach, so no upset stomach, and you actually get a higher dose, because none of the injected medication is destroyed in the stomach, as MTX pills are.

I do the injections myself, it's not hard, and I've been able to stay on the med that helps me the most.

MTX has been used for over forty years, so if it had terrible long-term side effects, that would have been obvious by now. The biologics have been out there for - I think - under 15 years, so not as much is known about long-term side effects, but everyone is watching this closely and they appear to be safe.