Your hair looks great!

I started on Arava (leflunomide) just over two months ago. Last night I went out with my kindergartener to his school for a craft fair and holiday boutique. I had to share this with people. I was wearing my medium length very curly hair loose, pulled back with a WIDE headband. I got so many compliments on my hair it was ridiculous. Why all of the compliments? Well it turns out that because my hair is thinning due to the medication, my typically big head of hair is laying much nicer and curling much nicer. Crazy! So with my very thin sides and pretty much bald temple area covered up (as well as the balding spot at the back of my hairline), my hair looks awesome!

I'm used to having people ask me about my hair, and asking if I just got a haircut, and my typical response is that I just washed my hair. Ok fine, I don't wear my hair loose too often. But this is just ridiculous. Too bad it can't look good without the extreme circumstances. In the meantime, I'm making a fashion statement with my hair wraps and hats. What was really funny was that someone was selling wide hair wraps for $6, but since I sew, I couldn't help but laugh. I've been cutting up old shirts to make wraps for my hair, at WAY less cost.

winner winner chicken dinner!!

Too funny! I too have had people complimenting my hair since it started falling out. It is now curly (I think from the mtx) and have had it cut to suit what it can do now. Too funny no one seemed to notice it before!. I was just saying thank you but lately I have been explaining. I don't know if this is a good thing or not but I feel less invisible since I started explaining my changed hair to family and friends.

Michael- That's the thing. Just saying thank you feels funny. Yet do I really want to invite pity? While I have always been open about having PsA, I don't think most people really understand that it's a systemic disease and needs to be treated systemically.

Visibility is not a bad thing, just not sure how much attention I want to bring to my hair in particular.

@Jane- too funny!

I am in your shoes! With the Arava and the curly hair :) I even started on it around the same time you did. I have noticed the thinning hair but was kinda in denial. I love wearing my hair down and there is definitely less of it now. I guess it does come in handy having curly hair though cuz the poofiness makes it look fuller than it is.