Would you try this experiment for ModSupport?

It worked for me, sorry for delayed response but I’m rarely on the site these days and have just seen it :blush:

1 Like

Rachael, thank you for saying that. We need to know when you have a problem like this.

The great migration of 2018 is still haunting us. I’m inviting @tntlamb in on this convo.

LOL. That is good to know. More and more members are working on mobile. Maybe Santa will bring you a chromebook for Christmas. They are really inexpensive and do everything you would need to do, and they are fab for websurfing. Heck, if Santa doesn’t come through with one, go out in January and buy a prezzie from you to you.

2 Likes

I do have an iPad…I just forget to use it for anything but to play Scrabble and let the grandkids play games on it.

I was able to get into my profile and change my age and # of grandkids. There were 2 photo boxes and I put a new photo in one of them. The other one is empty because I put in a photo that didn’t fit and every time I tried to change it, the same bad photo popped in there.

Keep in mind that a mobile version of any website is NEVER the entire website and what shows up varies with your operating system and your personal settings. I check out everything and several different mobile devices (Ipad, Galaxy smart phone, fire tab. Moto Z phone and a cheapo tab. And most devices everything is available, and some older versions of android not so much. Haven’t found problems when using Chrome browser for android, Dolphin etc. However If you DO face a problem with any site just not ours, simply go to your hamburger menu (usually upper right and select "desktop site’’) its towards the bottom of the pull down. Its gives you many more tools including the ability to size photos. At last count I came up with over 40 versions of mobile systems…

TJ

So I was supposed to put LaMomma in there?

It didn’t work for me

Hold on. It did. It didn’t work in duck duck go though. It did under Google…

It worked for me.

It takes me to my personal preference page.

Frances

That’s exactly where it should go, Frances! From your preferences page, you can then change your email address, your true PsA story or whatever you want. I’m wondering why not everyone can get there easily using the shortcut. … Hmmmmm

Here’s my problem: Discourse has made a slight change to the layout of the account information panel. I need to rewrite the instructions for changing your account information.

To explain how to get to your preferences and profile page has now become a bit of a complicated manoeuvre. I was thinking that telling people about the shortcut would be easier and faster. But maybe not, if the shortcut doesn’t always work. This is how the instructions will have to go.

Click on your avatar
Then on your screen name
Go down to “Preferences”
Then choose what you want to change in your account information.

I just thought it might be easier to replace the xxxxxx’s with your screen name and take the shortcut.

Can’t decide what is best. Maybe I will say something like “Here’s a shortcut, but if that doesn’t work, follow these instructions.”

Would that work?

I think giving both options for accessing the preference page is a good idea.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Frances