Wierd Symptoms

Hi

A friend has been experiencing some weird symptoms and weird blood test results. His GP who is also mine doesn’t seem worried but he gets the same kind of blood results I get in many cases (I definitely have PSA - no question).

He has every symptom of Metabolic Syndrome which is sometimes a precursor to PSA - except one - he is not insulin resistant. That’s the strangest thing - normally that’s one of the main symptoms. He can glucose load, eat potatoes you name it - blood sugar - 5. But every other blood test and symptom you can think of for metabolic syndrome he has - high Ferritin, high triglycerides, high blood pressure, some liver enzymes out of whack, sleep apnia, very low testosterone, feels a bit fevery, but the doctor didn’t check ESR - don’t know why.

Anyway after chatting to him we decided best get checked out by my (he has seen him before about osteo in his hip joint - told him to get it replaced ASAP - which he did) Rhematologist who is also a general physician (both are specialties here in Australia).

Did anyone experience similar things prior to getting PSA - I know I did but it wasn’t until my ESR jumped in summer when I wasn’t experiencing sinus or anything like that they sent me to my Reuhmy who diagnosed me immediately.

Even if its not some Rhematological condition (personally I just think its metabolic syndrome) my doctor should be able to get to the bottom of it one way or other.

What do others think. He is really worried. I don’t think he should be but I am not him and have been through similar things myself.

Thanks
Bill