What can you tell me about foot surgery?

Marietta, you make me laugh, hoping that someone with feet responds! LOL Your 2c worth is good though, having had something similar done to your hand. Thanks for the moral support. <3
And thank you too, TaraLynn. Kind and positive thoughts are very soothing.
<3

Good luck tomorrow! Sending positive thoughts your way!

Best of luck with the surgery, and with your recovery as well.

Thank you my friends! Yes, tomorrow is the day. :-0
I don’t think I told you, I met someone on the board the other evening who had the same problem that I have and she had surgery on both her feet. We’ve been corresponding, and I am very consoled that her feet are really quite good (and pain free) now. Having heard about her symptoms, which were identical to mind, I’m really thinking that I may be signing a lot of releases tomorrow. Again, this board came through and I found a friend who could fill me in, reassure me, and talk me through the decision making process. I don’t know where I’d be without everybody here.
I will post tomorrow. If I’m shell-shocked and I forget, give me a nudge!
Thanks again
Seenie

Am glad you met someone who "has been there and done that" and had wonderful results. Will be thinking about you tomorrow, hoping to hear some positive news when you get back

I’m trying to be positive. Saw the foot surgeon today, and he is kind, attentive and serious. The good news is no surgery. The bad news is no point in doing surgery because the condition of my midfoot is too far deteriorated to do a fusion. With a little bit of luck and nature taking its own course, the ten or so joints my mid-foot, which are all bone-on-bone, will do what’s called “autofuse”. Once/if that happens, I will have much less pain. How long that will take is anybody’s guess. I will have a CT scan of both feet and see him again in six months.

Meanwhile, I am to get new orthotics and deal as best I can with the pain. I cannot help but wonder if, two years ago, that rheumatologist had decided on aggressive treatment …

Thank you again to everyone for their kind messages!

Oh, no, Seenie! Sorry the news wasn't better. Hoping the progress toward less pain is quick.

Seenie, I am so sorry to hear this. I know that there isn’t much to be done, but when you are ready, give me a holler. I am the queen of pain control, both pharm and non. I will give you all of my tips and secrets for free. :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone. And Grumpy, I’ll be on your cyber-doorstep one of these days! LOL.

It’s all a bit of a downer, I’m afraid. But tomorrow is another day.

Of course it’s a downer, but it’s also just another bump in the road. We will have them, and get over them. You are smart and strong. I know that you I’ll do whatever you can to make this better, and I feel like you will find relief. ((((HUGE HUGS)))) for you, my friend.

{{{BIG HUGS}}} back!

Good news bad news. I know you were hoping for relief to come faster.

Sorry to hear Seenie, sending healing thoughts<3