Watery Eyes

Over the last few months, I've been having watery eyes, sometimes they have a stinging feeling...I just recently found out that, of course, now psa affects the eyes as well.

Anyone know if this could be inflammation in my eyes, don't see my Rheumy til Aug.

Thanks for any input.

You will want to see an opthalmologist. Most Rheumys do not "do" eyes. I see an opthalmologist every year and use long lasting eye lubricating eye drops twice a day. (I buy the generic version of Systane at a pharmacy)

Good advice from Michael. Yes, you should see an opthalmologist (sp?). In the meantime, there is nothing wrong with using lubricating eye drops.

Yes, I know that your eyes have been watery. This may be due to inflammation, so that your eyes are not making good quality tears. I've been learning a lot about Sjogren's lately. I've likely had it for years, but last fall I hit more of a crisis point, with breathing and swallowing difficulties, as well as extreme dry eye. For my eyes, I've been using Restasis as well as lubricating eye drops. In addition I just had all four of my tear ducts plugged. My eyes are slightly watery, but it's that stinging watery. Using the lubricating drops will improve your tear quality, and certainly won't hurt. If the drops are bothering your eyes, try a different brand, and then try the preservative free ones. They're a bunch more expensive, but you can use them for more than one use.

The basic point is, yes, the eye doctor would be the one to handle this. But put it on your list of things to tell your rheumy about.

Is it over the counter? it's called Systane? Thanks for the advice.

michael in vermont said:

You will want to see an opthalmologist. Most Rheumys do not "do" eyes. I see an opthalmologist every year and use long lasting eye lubricating eye drops twice a day. (I buy the generic version of Systane at a pharmacy)