Unmet Needs and Improving Standards of Care in PsA

This journal article is very readable and accessible. It discusses PsA detection, prognosis, treatment protocols and the need for professional awareness of our disease. I can certainly relate to the observations and recommendations that it makes!

Qualifying Unmet Needs and Improving Standards of Care in Psoriatic Arthritis
Arthritis Care & Research

Philip Helliwell Laura Coates Vinod Chandran Dafna Gladman Maarten Wit Oliver FitzGerald Arthur Kavanaugh Vibeke Strand Philip J. Mease Wolf‐Henning Boehncke Richard G. Langley Ennio Lubrano Mara Maccarone Hendrik Schulze‐Koops Corinne Miceli‐Richard Ruben Queiro
DOI: 10.1002/acr.22404

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/acr.22404/abstract

When you get to the abstract, you can read the full article by clicking on one of the links for the full article. It is open access.

thanks for posting this, Seenie. It's good to see these prominent PsA researcher/practitioners trying to forge some better standards and protocols. I was reminded at the physical therapist yesterday when I had a consult with a PT who treated me in grad school that I probably could/should have gotten a PsA disagnosis back then as I was dealing with elbow issues, back and shoulder pain, foot pain and scalp psoriasis. But they were all treated individually. Now it is almost 20 years later...

I’m sure we could collect some amazing stories that would make a great addendum to this article! Or maybe the authors wouldn’t be amazed at all.

janeatiu said:

thanks for posting this, Seenie. It’s good to see these prominent PsA researcher/practitioners trying to forge some better standards and protocols. I was reminded at the physical therapist yesterday when I had a consult with a PT who treated me in grad school that I probably could/should have gotten a PsA disagnosis back then as I was dealing with elbow issues, back and shoulder pain, foot pain and scalp psoriasis. But they were all treated individually. Now it is almost 20 years later…