Thyroid Issues?

Hello Everyone! Has anyone had problems with their thyroid? Of course anything new that pops up automatically makes me question if PsA is involved. The short story is I got hit by a car and had a ct scan taken of my neck. My primary care dr wants to see me now because the scan showed "abnormalities" with my thyroid. I have an appt next week but was wondering if any of you have experiences to share about thyroid issues. I know there is the connection with other auto-immune disorders & my sister actually has Hashimoto's which is an autoimmune thyroid issue too. Thanks for any input you can share!

I had Graves' disease an auto immune thyroid disease that was treated with radioactive iodine. My doc said people often have more than one auto immune disease.

Forgot to mention, I havent had any new symptoms apart from my hair falling out a lot. At first I thought it was because of the meds and my rhuemy even took me off of leflunomide in case that was it. Now I think it might even be related to my thyroid too. I am currently on Humira.

Mine became enlarged while taking Humira but when that had to be stopped..all Ultra sounds have been normal

Hair loss can be caused by a thyroid problem. A simple blood test should detect a hyper or hypo - thyroid.

It's not uncommon for someone with an autoimmune disease to have more than one autoimmune disease. My rheumy jokes with me that I can stop collecting them, as I have PsA, hypothyrodism, autoimmune hepatitis, and celiac.

I have hypothyroidism that I was diagnosed with about 6 months before I got diagnosed with PsA. Hair loss, tiredness, weight gain for no reason were all my symptoms. I also have high cholesterol and take Lipitor. I have been on Mtx for a year and Humira for 6 months. I have not had any problems until recently with hair loss, a little weight gain and a muscle problem in my calves. I have seen my doctor and they seem to think it is my thyroid meds probably need to be adjusted and I'm have a full blood tests next week when I go to get my mtx blood work done. Good luck!

I had several very large 10cm x 5cm x 3 cm benign tumours which were crushing my trachea. Hidden in there was a single encapsulated thyroid CA. So no more thyroid for me. My parathyroids are not. The greatest but we watch function, Calcium etc very closely. The more people/ patients I meet with autoimmune disease the more I see that have several.