Stelara

Did anyone have success with Stelara? Starting it next week for enthesitis, Enbrel and NSAIDS did nothing.

I am on my 5 th Stelara shot. I had to stop the remix ade as they finally dx me with MS. It is amazing for my skin, almost looks normal. Joints, it is not as good as the remicade was. I find I have more pain and more stiffness and swelling. It is better than nothing though. I also take avrava daily. My Rheumy only has 2 pts on it, myself and 1 other. So far he says the other patient is pleased with their outcome.

I've only had 2 injections, having to delay the third due to surgery, but I definitely noticed an improvement over MTX and Humira. My skin has cleared up, I've had fewer flares and I haven't noticed any side effects.

Thanks for your reply, I don't have any skin issues , I'm 10/10 in wrists, knees, hips,heels, and shoulders.I'm starting my first shot tomorrow , I wish I could take a pain killer too but having tried 4 anti-inflammatories( Lodine, Naproxen, Relafan, Diclofenac) and Celebrex all did zero!! I have nothing to help me with pain, morphine in hospital did nothing!! Any one with suggestions re-pain management that won't cause nausea and will take some of the pain away???Tylenol and aspirin a waste. Thanks

Medical marijuana, high in CBDs low in THC content, is a possibility provided it's legal in your area. Ginger, tumeric, green tea, cat's claw, devil's claw, rosemary, fish oil and willow bark are all possibilities as well. I'm sure others on here will have suggestions.

I started Stelara last September 2014. It seemed to take time to kick in but I did have some relief. As for me I often don't realize how well a med is working until I stop it. As of today I am 4 weeks late for my injection as I am waiting for surgery in a week. Last Stelara was Christmas...Hope you feel better soon.

p.s. As for the pain I use pain meds Norco and Voltaren gel (diclofenac) and the topical gel helps a lot for some areas for several hours. Also for other areas I use Lidoderm patches and that helps too.

Post on NEL's behalf:

anyone ever have nausea with stelara?? any advice???

I took Stelara from 6 months but didn't find relief. It did help with skin issues and the fatigue, but not pain. Also, I never made it to the 12 week shot before my problems came back. More like 6 weeks. Now I am on Enbrel and it's working great, except for knee and foot pain. Good luck. I hope it works for you. It was a good medication.

Enbrel did nothing for me. good luck, very sad to hear that about stelara.

I've only had 2 shots but no nausea...