Remicade infusion

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if they exerienced any success on Remicade.

Iam currently on MTX and have tried three TNF blockers so far, Simponi, Humira and most recentlyCymzia. My Rhumy is now changing me to Remicade to see if that has a better effect.

Thanks

I have been on remicade for about a year now. At first my rheumy tried me on MTX & enbrel. They did not work. I was very afraid of the infusions as well. But then once my rheumy found the right dosage & frequency that works for me, I was so thrilled. To be pain free & able to live my life......it was wonderful!! Then I needed carpal tunnel surgery & my infusions had to be stopped. If I had any doubt if the infusions were working, I had all the proof I needed. I flared so bad I was in tears.I couldn't wait to get put back on my infusions. So to answer your question YES I have had great success as I am sure you will hear others here have also. Best of luck to you!!

I, also, have had great success with Renicade. I had tried Enbrel, Humiria and Simponi with some but not total success. We are still figuring out the right dose of Remicade for me but I have had more success with it than any other. Like other Bios it was frustrating and disheartening to wait for it to work, it took about 6 months for me. I wish you luck with finding the medication for you.

Thank you for replying. I am kind of scared about how this will go - am scared of not having my regular injection whilst waiting for the prescription to come through here. I still manage to work full time and have been very creative at finding ways to manage my physical activity or lack of it to still be able to complete my job appropriately. Driving has been a problem with the pain in my arms/elbows but have found elastic supports to wear when driving and that reduces the pain significantly. Are you still on the MTX also along with the remicade? My rhumy has no plans to remove the MTX.

Liz said:

I have been on remicade for about a year now. At first my rheumy tried me on MTX & enbrel. They did not work. I was very afraid of the infusions as well. But then once my rheumy found the right dosage & frequency that works for me, I was so thrilled. To be pain free & able to live my life......it was wonderful!! Then I needed carpal tunnel surgery & my infusions had to be stopped. If I had any doubt if the infusions were working, I had all the proof I needed. I flared so bad I was in tears.I couldn't wait to get put back on my infusions. So to answer your question YES I have had great success as I am sure you will hear others here have also. Best of luck to you!!

Thanks for replying also. It's good to know that there is hope out there and that others have had success with this.

michael in vermont said:

I, also, have had great success with Renicade. I had tried Enbrel, Humiria and Simponi with some but not total success. We are still figuring out the right dose of Remicade for me but I have had more success with it than any other. Like other Bios it was frustrating and disheartening to wait for it to work, it took about 6 months for me. I wish you luck with finding the medication for you.

I have not had any bad experiences with the infusions. I think they do a pretty good job of controlling psoriasis and PsA symptoms. I still have a TON of pain, tendon issues and some weird labs, but I am beginning to believe that there is another autoimmune condition in this wacky body of mine making me an outlier on the relief. Its a good drug, and there are many who have gotten good relief from it. Good luck!

I am still on mtx with Remicade and have been with all the bios I have tried. I believe my Rheumatologist has kept me on it to help prevent me from forming antibodies to the bios and to help with hands and feet. The bios work well down the central part of the body but not so much the extremities where I still have a lot of pain and swelling.