Please help

I’m on mxt injections weekly but been started on sulfasalazine tablets daily now I’m so scared to take them as mxt has given me such horrible side effects I’m now nine months into treatment.Can you tell me what your experiences have been taking this drug so I know what to expect.Knowledge is the best thing good or bad at least knowing what could happen will put my mind at rest.Thank you for your time,your thoughts are so welcome

Hi,

I was on Mtx at one point and had to stop because there were too many side effects. I just couldn't function.

I went on Sulfasalizine I think it was in November. I did had a little upset stomach at first but it subsided and I've been fine on it since. I know the sulfa meds can interfere with the body's ability to absorb folic acid ( similar to Mtx) so it would be good to make sure you get lots. I use orange juice for this.

The sulfa meds also took about 2 months to work for me but everyone is different. Also, it's important to drink lots of water after a dose, it will make urine a little more yellow but not a big deal as long as you get enough water. Personally, I drink water all day. Now I am on both Plaquenil and Sulfasalazine. From my experience, sulfasalizine is ok but better with another med.

I hope this helps.