Pitting edema and vent

Thanks Amos! Usually I can slog through things, but this nonsense is definitely getting me a bit down.

To add insult to injury, I realized I’ve had a worsening headache since Sunday. I initially thought it was weather related. But it’s dawned on me that it’s probably related to the meloxicam. I had a similar reaction to Indocin, but didn’t realize it until after I wound up in the emergency room with the worst headache ever. So I’ll be switching over to an NSAID later today that I know I won’t have this reaction to.

It is a bit crazy how much we have to self juggle the meds and their cross effects on each other. I rarely get headaches but since the Humira, I have one daily. Rheumy cut my sulfasalazine dose in half and the headaches have lessened. I quit drinking caffeinated drinks a few years ago but now the only thing that knocks out my headache is a strong cup of real coffee and 1000mg Tylenol. They work marvellously together and ease some of the joint pain while I’m still waiting for the Humira to do something good in my life. Meaningful distractions also help me get my mind off of the pain and discouraging times. Anything that makes me feel like I’m accomplishing something of value like those little cores long avoided, helps via distraction. I have discovered that my limping is the cause of my hip pain…nothing wrong with the hip other than likely enthesitis aggravated by a “weird” limp gate. The good news is that as of recently, both knees/feet hurt equally thus an even gate…hard to limp on both feet! :slight_smile: I don’t think that this persistent Covid virus is helping anyone’s disposition…and not much relief in sight. Gonna be an interesting Christmas! Stoney, one day at a time and avoid gloomy speculation. Peace!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry @Stoney you’re plodding through this ‘thick treacle’ of worry and issues and most of all pain and ugh discomfort.

Your ‘weird’ fracture issues and mine have some similarities. My first ever hip pain was bursistis and was ‘fixed’ finally with the second attempt of a steroid shot. My other two instances of hip pain wwas due to teeny pelvic fractures though. They presented as hip pain most certainly. Only seen on pelvic MRI’s though. Just thought I’d throw that out there for some thought. And do get that ankle x-rayed too.

Meanwhile you have all my sympathy of this wading through treacle stuff.

1 Like

Thanks. Yes, I got the ankle x rayed and am waiting for results on Monday. The hip, I’ll need to discuss with my doctor when she’s back on Monday.

2 Likes

What happened? Or did a new thread get started?

1 Like

I’m continuing to deal with edema in my legs. I actually wound up having surgery a few days ago to have the hardware removed from my foot. that appears to have been what was causing the ankle pain as some of it was broken, the hardware that is. the hip has quieted down a little but I have put it on the back burner for the moment while I am back in a boot.

2 Likes

Yikes. That sucks. Hope you feel better soon.

1 Like

Sorry to hear you’re having problems - that’s no fun at all. I don’t know if the hip bursitis could be related to the trauma from the surgery, but I can tell you that last year I took a bad hit to the front of my calf below the knee and had a nasty hematoma that took several months to go down. My entire leg was swollen just above and below the knee, and about 2 months later I had a pretty bad bout of hip bursitis of the greater trochanter that took a good while to clear up. There were many a day I could barely get out of a chair or walk. I really hope it clears up for you soon!

1 Like