PA Numbness

Looking for help. I have had Psoriatic Arthritus for going on eight years. I have had increasing numbness for the last year and my reumotologist took me off minocin (sp) when the numbness started to increase. Disease has rendered one hand and face mostly numb. Any suggestions? No biologics though......too much risk for me. Is any of this numbness reversible or are the nerves just gone? Any other meds out there that might slow, if not stop, spreading numbness? Any suggestions appreciated!

a

If you were taking minocin the others INCLUDING the biologics are nothing...

I'm confused though.... Minocin is hardly ever used for PsA because of the risks. Its an RA drug. PsA is too undefined What does your doc say? I'm sure he has a reason, but Systemic Lupus is nothing to sneeze at, it doesn't always go away. I'd want a lot of explanation for what the hell he was thinking AND a second opinion......

We are talking minocin and not minocycline, right???

It is minicycline Im taking.......sorry for the confusion.

tntlamb said:

If you were taking minocin the others INCLUDING the biologics are nothing...

I'm confused though.... Minocin is hardly ever used for PsA because of the risks. Its an RA drug. PsA is too undefined What does your doc say? I'm sure he has a reason, but Systemic Lupus is nothing to sneeze at, it doesn't always go away. I'd want a lot of explanation for what the hell he was thinking AND a second opinion......

We are talking minocin and not minocycline, right???

In that case scratch everything EXCEPT getting a second opinion. other than possibly turning blue there is little evidence that antibiotic treatment does anything for PsA. If it was reactive the antibiotics would have worked by now I would think.