OOPs, I boo booed (again) - Sorry

So apparently there isn’t a lot of interest in “beets” Just for the record I like 'em pickled or “Harvard” But just for the record, we are in the middle of a bigger project than even the migration last year. Hopefully in the next while each of communities will be part of a web site with more resources and more info for our members. It will include a single sign on for those of you who are members of several communities as well as a VERY robust chat plug in. We will all be part of our our larger Bens Friends World

We will be rolling the first one of these set ups as new community for Crohns/Ulcerative Colitis very soon. One of the first features I was adding was a better way of communicating. As you old timers might remember we used to be able to “broadcast” new and especially interesting threads along with some immediate needs. That feature was lost in the migration. I finally was able to add it back in with some basic code.

In testing it the other day I ended up spamming our entire community and for that I apologize. A pop message informed me I was about to message 3,876 members. “do You Want to proceed?” I clicked the wrong answer and proceeded.

On the good side the real message about darinfan’s success with her ESA evaluation after several YEARs of persistence and her sharing that experience (UK where it is MUCH more difficult that the US) did go out and a number of you were moved to participate. Its a good example of what happens here. The phrase “to get support, give support is” absolutely true. Our hope with "broadcasting is as happened in the past presenting opportunities to give support when needed will result in more support for all of us…@trust_level_0

TJ aka tntlamb

3 Likes

Just for the record, I would like to make it known I am very much a man (last time I saw past my belly to check), and it only took months not years! :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks, TJ. It was great to be able to broadcast to everyone.

I didn’t get anything about “beets”. However I agree pickled is the way to eat them.

Looking forward to the new system as I never got on well with Discourse so I hope things will be better once the migration is done. I like the idea of one sign in if you are part of more than one community and also the broadcast will be good.

Sheltielife

Well you did manage to send me a email alert, then I came back to the forum, so that was good, hopefully…

1 Like