Nutrition!

Hello everyone,
I feel wonderful. No pain, no swelling, no stiffness!!!
All are left behind.
Please try to apply my advices. You will see benefits of these within 3-4 months.
Medicines remedy. But you must exert an extra effort by your nutrition.
1. Stay out of foods with sugar and flour. These foods lead to metabolic syndrome and lead up to chronic inflammation
2. Unbalanced Omega-3/Omega-6! Our traditional nutrition habits lead up to chronic inflammation. Don't use sunflower seed oil, corn oil, margarine. These oils include Omege 6. Use olive oil, which includes Omega-9. Omega-9 is biologically nötr. If Omega 6 and Omega 3 are got together, Omega 6 is used firstly and Omega 3 cannot be absorbed. So you mustn't take Omega-6 and Omega-3 together. In our traditional nutrition, Omega-3/Omega-6 is about 1/15. It must be 1/1. Omega-3 is inflammation preventive. I use 3 gr Omega-3 in a day and use olive oil in foods.
3. Probiotics! Decreasing beneficial bacterias in bowel. For example, a research in new diagnosed patients with rheumatism demonstrates that bowel bacteria flora is not healty. Bowel permitivity has been raised. To decrease bowel permitivity, eat probiotic yogurts.
4.Free radicals! These molacules damage human cells. That is why, these must be annihilated. Vitamine C and vitamine E, L- Glutathione protect the body against the destructive effects of free radicals.
5. Vitamine D. Don't miss Sun.
6. Drink water. 8 water glass per day.

7. Boswellia Serrata! Without side effect, anti-inflammatory.

Painless days.

You're not going to try to sell something are you, Quasi? ;-)

Of course, no!

In actually going to a nutrition expert/chiropractor this week to start the process of diet elimination. I’ve had severe irritable bowel syndrome for over 20 years and one doc (ortho) says I have inflammatory arthritis from that and another (rheum) says I have psoriatic. So I am very very interested in eliminating foods and starting supplements before starting plaquenil or methotrexate which is what rheum wants to do. Thoughts?

Maemae, I say do both. Many of us find that dietary changes and supplements make us feel much better. There are lots of posts on this forum that will attest to that. And with everything that is going on in our bodies, that is a very good thing. Unfortunately, there’s very little in the way of solid scientific evidence that diet has any influence on disease process (the damage that PsA does to your joints). Please don’t assume that the reduction of symptoms means that you are avoiding damage. The only proven way of avoiding damage is, unfortunately, using the disease modifying drugs like mtx, or the highly-effective biologics. That’s why I think you should be doing both: attack this disease both with diet and with scientifically proven medications. That is what is going to give you the best chance of quality of life and a good outcome.

In the result of deterioration of bowel bacteria balance, bowel permitivity increases. Undigested protein particules(wheat, milk and edible legume) seep to blood. This case stimulates immune system and chronic inflammation period starts. This period may lead to arthritis. Lots of cereal, edible legume, peanut have a molecule called "Lecithin". Lecithin effects bowel cells and lymphocytes negatively. If these foods cannot digest well, you encounter immune system problems. Probiotics diets increase beneficial bacterias, which help you to digest these foods, in your bowel. Keep back from wheat, rye, barley, oat. All include gluten. Also you musn't eat or drink "cake, biscuit, macaroni(spaghetti), pizza, catchup, sauce, instant soup, instant yogurt, chocolate milk, mayonnaise, icecream, bear, gin, vodka". If you can buy, you eat "Kefir". Kefir includes probiotic bacterias

You’re right, Quasi. That’s the diet that many of us find helpful in reducing symptoms. We refer to the bowel permitivity you describe so well as “leaky gut”. I think permitivity is a much more elegant term, LOL.
But symptom reduction isn’t the same as disease modification.

Quasi is right Kefir or yogurt (esp those with 3 active cultures) help to repopulate the gut with good bacteria. But do remember it helps with symptom reduction but not disease modification. PsA is a very complicated disease process and it requires many layers of management. PsA affects many systems in the body and is managed in many systems. But Biologics and DMARD are the only treatment that has been shown to be effective in 90% of PsA patients. PT, stress management, activity and rest management, medication, heat and ice as well as diet all need to be incorporated in our health plan.

The amazing thing to me about bowel permeability is how only the bacteria that escape are the ones that cause the disease of the week and it never kills anyone......

As a combat medic I saw a lot of permeated bowels. Now granted having a hole blown in your bowel is a bit different than a slow leak although repairing that hole was a bit difficult and often resulted in a slow leak. Usually by the time we discovered the leak the guy was dead or almost dead from the bacteria. Its called Peritonitis. So all this leaky bowel stuff... How does only the sort of bad bugs get out and the real bad bugs stay inside. Is there a way of training them? Or should we change the diets of front line soldiers so when they get a hole blown in their gut they no longer have to worry about peritonitis from their leaky bowels not to mention the stress it will take off combat surgeons looking for every perforation. The time saved having to "run those bowels" will result in lives saved (not to mention colostomy bags)

Thanks seenie:)

Hello everyone,

I have been using Salazopyrin(which is DMARD). In articles on rheumatism, it writes: It hasn't been well understood how DMARDs suppress immune system. In my opinion, it is not a suppressant of immune system. Just stop or retard reproducing of bacterias in bowel, because it is an antibiotic. It harms both benefical and malign bacterias. When given it up, bowel problems start again. Genetically, we may have bowel sensitivity. We can render more healty by supporting our bowel by true diet.

When i drink much beer or eat chocolate, my left little finger swells a little. And my bowel rumbles. I saw the benefits of true nutrition. Try it!!! Also i add one matter: Drink alkaline water. Nearly all foods that we eat in daily life, after digested, lead to acidic contaminations. To neutralize those, we must be fed as alkaline.

I don't think rheumatism is a complex disease. Just consequences are complex, not underlying reason.

Pharmaceutical industry study on annihilating consequence of disease like immune suppressing. Perhabs, when solved bowel problem, rheumatism will be annihilated.

May be you know the movie "Lorenzo's Oil". If you haven't watched yet, watch it. You can find in the movie what i mean.

Also I don't think the underlying reason of cancer is complex. It may be solved by alkaline, free radical preventives, omega-3 etc.

Pharmaceutical industry gains very much money by engaging in result of disease. I don't think that pharmaceutical industry will interested in underlying reason of diseases.

May be idealist doctors engage in underlying reason to solve the diseases.