Not diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis

About 8 years ago (I'm really not sure of the timeframe, a lot has gone on) I started having grand mal seizures when I had hormone swings, at night, in my sleep. At the same time, I started getting very weak, tripping over my feet. I was also extremely fatigued. I couldn't hold my arms up to rinse my hair in the shower. I got put off work. I got weaker and then the pain came. The first pain was in my rib cage, it was excruciating, I couldn't stand to sit in a vehicle to drive anywhere. A few years of weakness and increasing pain, lots of tests and no legitimate answers and I was pegged with somatization disorder. I got healthier again, through determination and hard work, then was finally diagnosed with something... or rather, some things. By the rheumatologist I went to with my ideas I had psoriatic arthritis. Fibromyalgia, osteo arthritis, psoriasis, endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome, fibroids, catamenial epilepsy, etc., was started on pills. A lot of the meds for different things didn't work. A lot made me sicker. In the big search for answers, I hit so many roadblocks, most saying it was all in my head, by healthcare professionals and the general population, that I don't like going for help unless I'm desperate. I know a lot of people think fibro isn't real, either. I still think I have psoriatic arthritis but am not ready to go insist I have more tests, etc. I've been that route, it was hard. I just came here to find people to talk to that I hope I can relate to and learn things from, when I'm ready to go insist on more tests, whatever, I'll feel more confident and ready if I have talked to people who have 'been there'. Thanks for welcoming me into your community.

Lesley,

Dont hope that u do have it.. because it is incurable.... i myself, too have fibro.. osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, hbp. etc.. and it sucks.... i sure hope they do find out what it is.... there are so many different conditions and diseases out there... what clinched my diagnosis.. was.... the severe pain in the si joints... and the ridges and changes in my nails... i have psoriasis but was able to keep that under control... please let me know how you are.. and good luck...

I hope I haven't got it. I have issues with a lot of the 'hot spots' for it. I keep extremely active in all ways, to counteract it. Hard when I have a bit of what seems to be a flare up, but I'm pushing myself through it. :) My nails were where the psoriasis first showed up. It's in a lot more spots at the moment. Thanks for the good wishes. :)

Karen said:

Lesley,

Dont hope that u do have it.. because it is incurable.... i myself, too have fibro.. osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, hbp. etc.. and it sucks.... i sure hope they do find out what it is.... there are so many different conditions and diseases out there... what clinched my diagnosis.. was.... the severe pain in the si joints... and the ridges and changes in my nails... i have psoriasis but was able to keep that under control... please let me know how you are.. and good luck...

There appears to be so many issues out there and many seem to cross-relate like neuropathy, fibro and Psa. I still am not sure what I have,but maybe them all as I have been told that my symptom vary around each.

Lesley said:

I hope I haven't got it. I have issues with a lot of the 'hot spots' for it. I keep extremely active in all ways, to counteract it. Hard when I have a bit of what seems to be a flare up, but I'm pushing myself through it. :) My nails were where the psoriasis first showed up. It's in a lot more spots at the moment. Thanks for the good wishes. :)

Karen said:

Lesley,

I'm sorry you've had such a rough time. Many docs are quick to say "it all in your head" when they don't have an answer, don't know what to do, they don't want admit it.