New Member - Not sure if I have PSA but I thought I would ask for some advice

Hi

I am a new member and also suffer from Fibro and Moderate on that site. I have been spending some time on here looking at your guide books and I have a few strange symptoms that I have been watching for a while.

I have blister that I get on my fingers they are red and I get a few of them all together and I usually break out of three or four fingers. Until they break, it is so painful, then they slowly heal and the skin peels. I have knees and elbows that get a red rash it is not like my fingers anytime I lean on my elbows or do anything on my knees. I have had a lot of problem with my left hip I believe, it is a little lower where I swell up and the swelling is quite bad on the outer side of my thigh. You can really notice a difference when standing (you see it in through my clothes). I have actually been to the ER three different times for this pain. My hip is hurting terribly and it is really swollen again. I also had a strange rash on my foot, this was not blisters. I have never had the blister when I as at my doctor's which doesn't help, and we have not ran a MRI yet on the hip, but I am thinking that it might be time to check into it. I have changes with my nails, I use to have strong beautiful nails and now they are weak and the shape has changed on some, also some seem really weird looking and very white if I let them grow at all. I did have a complete blood work up this summer and all is fine. I have a eye problem already and it has really been acting up after it was in remission for two years, so I am also curious how PSA affects the eyes.

Thank you for any help.

Hi, Lovett! Sorry for the late reply! We are moving and have been so busy lately. Anyway, that’s what free time is for: playing catch up.

Sybil is right on the mark with her answer. She usually is :-). The first stop is probably a dermatologist. They are very good at diagnosis PsA, and, if you get a positive diagnosis, they’re also really good at getting the medications started. I’m sure you would be so relieved to have can answer to why you are having these skin eruptions, joint pain and swelling.

I hope you’re able to get in to see someone soon. Please check back in with us an let us know how it goes.