New Case Study Reveals Vitamin D Insufficiency in Psoriatic Arthritis

I remember when I was taking up some Natural Science/Biology units that Vitamin D is important in nutrient absorption. Recently, I happen to browse through a case study which reveals that people affected by PsA usually lack Vitamin D.

Patients with psoriatic arthritis have a high prevalence of vitamin D insufficiency, with no evidence of seasonal or geographic variation or association between vitamin D levels and disease activity, according to a study published online July 11 in Arthritis Care & Research.

Wishing everyone well,

Toni :-)

Source:

Vitamin D Insufficiency in PsA

Thanks for posting this! I have read before that the Vitamin D insufficiency is involved with PsA and other auto-immune diseases, but I haven’t read the research on it. I have been fighting insufficient vitamin D for a long time, and the worse the PsA gets, the more vitamin D I have to take to keep it up in the correct range. Very interesting. I hope it eventually leads to better treatments!

You’re welcome, Dana. Vitamin D is very important to keep our bodies healthy, and I agree that it is indeed harder if your have PsA. I wish you well, and I’m really glad to be of little help. Take care!

This is interesting. I’m trying to keep mine up as well. Thank you for sharing!