My trial was continued (postponed) until April 10, 2017

Paul moved me and what seemed like half of our house to southeastern Kentucky on Saturday, April 9. Voir dire (jury selection) began on Monday, April 11. The venire (we hadn't totally picked the jury yet) was given Tuesday off and told to report back at 9 on Wednesday morning.

Tuesday, all hell broke loose and the judge made a mistake. After that, I wrote a motion and my co-counsel and I had no choice but to ask for a continuance (postponement). Because it's such a small county, jury service lasts right at a year. There may be three jury trials in that year. The new jury panel comes in February 2017. There is already a trial scheduled February/March. We go next April.

The good side of PsA: being properly medicated and doing other things like swimming, diet, chair yoga, mean I can: 1) be a criminal defense lawyer who write appeals for a living at a high level; 2) have the chance to prove what I did last week; 3) be Paul's wife; 4) enjoy life.
The bad side:
I'm paying for my joy, my achievement, in what I did last week. Frankly, that's one of the reasons why Paul was so reluctant for me to enter my appearance as one of my client's counsel. I incorporated Dr. Abbas's December suggestions into my daily life, but we all knew there was a high likelihood I would flare when it was over.
I did. Even though I caught it *very* early, yesterday morning, I had to call for a Medrol dosepak. I came home from work early; I'm off today. I've spent the better part of the last four days sleeping.
After five doses of steroids and all that sleep, I'm beginning to feel more like myself--not as stiff, not as achy and the fatigue is not as crushing.
Would I trade last week for not flaring? NEVER. I have PsA and Graves Disease, but they DO NOT define me. I choose LIFE--with some adjustments--on MY terms.

Sixcat, congratulations on your accomplishments last week. The flare? Not so much. But as you say, the satisfaction, the pride and the service that you have given to your community overshadow the discomfort and inconvenience of The Flare.

What a great attitude, my friend! Thanks for dropping by and sharing your news.

Take good care!

Sixcat, you are amazing! I love your passion and determination you have for representing your clients and your job! Like Seenie said what a contribution you are to our judicial system! You must be good because your ability to see both the positive and negative sides PSA was so well put in your post. I have no doubt you will be past your flare and in full form by the time the continuance is over. Do hope that you feel better sooner than that of course! Thanks for the inspiration and update!

Congrats sixcat!! Good for you. Thank you for inspiration today!!

Good on you Sixcat for fighting the fight and for taking the time to recover!