My Journey

Another visit with the ruematologist and again I walk away in tears and ongoing unrelenting pain in every joint in my body. Methotrexate isn't working and I now have to wait another month to start Embral. Again, I am feeling hopeless as to any kind of relief. Im being told the co pay for the Embral is horrid too....uuugh What kind of evil I must have done in a past life to be hit with this kind of Karma!

Hi Moxie. :-( I will hope and pray the Enbrel makes you feel as good as it did me. I remember that hopeless feeling, and I don't ever want to go back there again!

I see you live in the U.S. There is "Enbrel Support" for people who have private insurance, like through your work or whatever. Look into that--ask your rheumy about it--when they give you the brochure about Enbrel, information about the support is included inside and there is a phone number. It will take care of a LOT of the cost.

You didn't do anything evil....I know it feels like a punishment. My mom always said, we all have our crosses to carry. It's not because we did anything bad. It's just how life is. I know this isn't reassuring, but most everybody has something that is painful, whether it's physical or emotional, sometime in their life. I know when you're feeling so awful my words probably are inappropriate, but I hope someday you will feel so much better that you will understand.

Take care and good luck with the Enbrel....I hope they get on the ball and get you on it ASAP!

You didn't do anything bad in a past life. You're just scoring points for a really easy life the next go around.

Don't let stories about the cost of the drugs freak you out. Call up your specialty pharmacy and ask them to tell you EXACTLY what your co-pay will be and make sure you get the co-pay assistance program (if you're in the US and on private health insurance you will qualify). My Enbrel was free for 6 months and $10 a month after that. Humira is $5 a month. And that's because of the co-pay assistance program.

Things are going to get better.