Muscles spasms in ribs and nearby muscles

Just wanted to stick my two cents in here. I have had all my lumbar and thoracic vertebra fused with a zillion pins and bars down my back that are attached to my pelvic bone. You might think that I would have a fairly pain free back after all that. Not so! Before considering major back surgery, consider the fact that it isn’t a great fix. I have upper and lower back pain and muscles spasms throughout. Not to bum you out, but just to warn you about the realities of failed back surgery. PsA is bad enough without the extra grief of back surgery.

Anyway, good luck to you and I hope you feel better soon!

After 4 neck surgeries and hearing horror stories from others, I have decided that once they cut on your back things go down hill from there.

I am like you, I am afraid to get caught int he rain for fear of rusting!!!

Thanks. Everything I’ve heard and read makes me think that any sort of back surgery is a last ditch effort or when things are much, much, much worse than they are now.

I did head to the doc but I was in a flare. The cervical and thoracic areas are doing much better now that I’m on the outside of it. Flares I can handle.

I’ll keep doing epidurals, yoga, swimming and taking muscle relaxers when needed.

that’s been my default every time I flare and I seem to throw out my back (the last time was when I was putting on shoes). glad things a re going a bit better.

Sharing some info-a doctor told me the reason this area hurts is due to all the cartilage around the ribs. It is a very large area and all those muscles are wrapped together layer on layer. All those ligaments are prime targets for psa.