Mtx and dizziness

Been taking Mtx since Feb. It's the only drug I'm on.

I take it every Saturday morning, by needle, sometimes I feel nausea the next day (Sunday). But this past Tuesday I woke up and had dizziness, the room was spinning, after I walked around a bit it settled down, but I felt off the whole day. Wed. on I was fine.

This Saturday I took my needle and today Sunday, I was very nauseated and dizzy with a big headache, I've been lying in bed all day, scared to move because of being dizzy. I threw up and that settled the nausea, but still have a headache and dizziness .

Is this a normal side effect from Mtx? Even though I've been taking it since Feb. and never had dizziness before?

Thanks for any advice.

I'm not sure and would talk to your doctor about it. I have been having dizzy spells, however I thought it was probably do to low iron or sodium. I have had problems with dizziness in the past to the point of fainting, so I was assuming that was the issue. Maybe the MTX can cause this? To be honest I feel flu like symptoms almost daily. The day after injection is always the worst, however I pretty much feel like I am fighting a cold/flu virus daily (sore throat,irritated eyes,nausea and fatigue).

and headaches....back of the eye kind of headaches :-( We increased the folic acid and that has helped a little.

TaraLynn said:

I'm not sure and would talk to your doctor about it. I have been having dizzy spells, however I thought it was probably do to low iron or sodium. I have had problems with dizziness in the past to the point of fainting, so I was assuming that was the issue. Maybe the MTX can cause this? To be honest I feel flu like symptoms almost daily. The day after injection is always the worst, however I pretty much feel like I am fighting a cold/flu virus daily (sore throat,irritated eyes,nausea and fatigue).

I’ve been on MTX since July '11 both tabs and subcut but have never experienced dizziness as an effect from it. I do get spells of low Bp where I can’t do much because of dizziness but I’ve had this since my teens so its not to do with the MTX.
I would get a check up just to be on the safe side, hope you feel better soon x