Mri

As mentioned before, I have PA which shows up in my fingers, possibly my spine and rarely in my toes. I've had this for about 7 years. It has been the same since it started. My 2nd Rheumy is sending me for an MRI on my spine. I sort of feel like it's unnecessary because I'm not having a flare right now, but she said it's a good idea. I've never been on any meds of any kind and feel rather lucky about that but I'm definitely nervous about what the future holds. Thoughts?

Do it. The earlier you know what is really going on the better. The MRI can show changes that cannot be seen on an x-ray, and it can also tell the condition of the inside of the bones.

Knowing what’s up doesn’t change a thing, but it puts you in a position to make sound decisions about your treatment.

Baseline scans are very important. Everything in the future can be compared back to them. Sometimes a baseline scan will reveal silent damage. An MRI is a great idea.

Do it!!! There are many of us who would love to get an MRI, but can't due to rheumy or insurance issues. Having a baseline MRI is a good thing. :)

A lot of times things are going on that we do not have any symptoms or pain yet. What can it hurt to have it? I would do it.