Medication that works for me

Hi all,

Just a quick post about my recent findings. I’ve had Psoriatic arthritis for over 10 years, and have tried many of the “usual” medication. None of which have brought me any relief. If it does for you, awesome keep at it.

I recently tried krill oil tablets. They are called mega krill, and these are 2000mg tablets (they are huge). I’ve been taking them for a little under a month. I have to say, I think I’ve found my thing. My daily pains have gone from an 8 out of 10 to 1 or 2 out of 10. The swelling in my joints have reduced significantly! I even managed to play 90 minutes of soccer last weekend… A miracle for me. My shoes fit better, there’s just something about this that’s working for me. I emplore you to give it a go, it’s just awesome.

It may not work for everyone, but hey give it a try.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this product after you’ve tried it.

Happy weekend all
Darren :slight_smile:

I’ll look into that! You said your daily pains have gone down…

I take 2000 mg of Ultimate Omega super triglycerides formula fish oil. My daughter had researched and compared this fish oil to others and found it was of higher quality. I take it more to reduce LDL cholesterol and help my heart than for my PsA. But, I’m interested in the krill oil if it helps relieve PsA or joint damage…most of my pain now isn’t active psoriatic arthritis, rather it’s the damage PsA has done to me (Enbrel takes care of the active PsA).
I wonder if it would help me to continue the Ultimate Omega and add the krill oil. What product is best–what brand do you use?

I’d also need to run this by my cardiologist. I take a prescription blood thinner and the fish oils seem to also thin my blood.

It may help with inflammation but it won’t help you avoid joint damage.

It’s wise to ensure that we’re getting the best possible nutrients and I’m sure fish oil can help in that respect.

It’s great that your swollen joints have gone down, that’s very positive as is the reduction in pain levels and the fact that you’re getting out there and doing the things you love to do.

My thoughts are that there’s little to lose by trying fish oil, but a lot to lose if we pin all our hopes on it. The technician who did a recent ultrasound on my feet and hands told me that every joint in my feet showed degenerative or arthritic changes (still waiting for the report to see what this actually means). But the thing is I’m quite active, I thought I’d got this disease pretty much under control but clearly the disease is insidious and sneaky. I think the immediate goal of feeling better is very important, but the longer term goal of avoiding disability is even more important and that is where the drugs have a proven track record.

3 Likes