Medial knee pain

I twill probably be the beginnings of OA unless you have damaged or have a highly inflamed medial ligament. I thought I had torn a meniscus again and when it was scanned it was bone on bone. I didn’t have bone on bone 18 months ago. Doc says both knees being replaced will be done the road. I doubt I could deal with that.

Meniscus should show up on an MRI. CAT is useless for this. Meniscus tears are usually accompanied with a lot of pop and locking in the knee. I have torn a few. Steroid shot will help some. Surgery to repair is not a big deal and usually helps a lot. It will just be the PSA attacking the surgical joint. I had a shoulder done in January. PSA was all over it for about 4 months.

Yup, the meniscus tear showed up as well as some cartilage degeneration. Waiting to get approval for a gel injection now

You can have my custom moulded fancy expensive knee brace…didn’t help me at all.

I was wondering about that and guessing it wouldn’t make a difference. Sorry you spent money to find that out

1 Like

I had the arthroscopy on my right knee today. Apparently the medial meniscus tear had folded over on itself, and I’m guessing that explains why it was still so awful. The surgeon cleaned up two areas with significant arthritis as well. Once I get the surgical report I’ll share it here.

Glad to hear you got it done…and it is somewhat assuring that they found an obvious problem to correct. Put another notch in your belt @Stoney and please take time to measure your scars and tell us your total length! Heal well!

1 Like

That’s a nice clear report like I get from the repair shop when I get my car serviced! Are you up and walking well?

I was

On Tuesday I was doing so well that I took a short walk and tweaked something in my knee quite badly. So I’m back on crutches, in a lot of pain, and very very frustrated

So sorry to hear about the set back. Very frustrating. Likely just aggravated a part that was still inflamed and tender. Back to rest and lots of ice, I guess. Sometimes it would be nice to get a “break” from all things that are ailing us. I can’t remember the last time I had a pain free day and now with the inverse psoriases blowing up, it’s getting a bit old. With spring, I’m sure you really want to be outside puttering. Would a knee brace help protect it from further “tweaks”?

I asked about that and I was told no brace. It’s very frustrating

I went to an event at my Temple last night and everyone was asking me what I did. I responded that I had surgery blah blah. How did you tear the meniscus? I don’t know. Stuff just happens. It gets very tiresome indeed

Gosh @Stoney that does sound challenging. I’m fascinated they’ve labelled it OA when you clearly have PsA. How come they’ve decided unilaterally your PsA hasn’t caused this damage? There’s no mention of PsA at all when it can clearly cause the type of damage they are trying to repair so very much.

Remember with us lot given out tendons and ligaments can be so affected by PsA that your recovery will be slower than someone merely suffering OA for the same injury and surgery. Hopefully they’re advising you of that too. So hang on in there.

Of course they’re not. I’ll probably have a chat with my rheumatologist when I see her this week about this. It’s a fair question.

2 Likes