Looking Forward

From my blog, Rannygahoots: http://rannygahoots.blogspot.com/2011/12/looking-forward.html

Looking forward...

2011 has been a difficult year for me. My energy levels were low and pain levels high when the year started. My left ankle froze in February, which started what I would learn was a huge psoriatic arthritis flare. Through the process of getting diagnosed with PsA, I learned I also have celiac disease and other health issues. Then came the canes, then the wheelchair, as my health plummeted. I learned a lot about myself and those around me in the process - some good, some sad. I lost much, but gained even more.

As I look forward to 2012, I find myself actually looking forward to 2012. Enbrel and being gluten-free will hopefully help me to feel more human. My new sense of self, perception of what's really important, regained spiritual center, and determination to maintain balance in my life will hopefully serve me well.

Not one for making resolutions, instead, I make affirmations for the new year...

I will continue to simplify my house and my life, concentrating on what's really important and getting rid of the rest.

I will nurture the relationships in my life, as over the past year my increasing illness seems to have robbed me of the emotional energy necessary to maintain close relationships with those I care dearly about.

I will nurture myself and work toward health. I will take Enbrel weekly. I will balance activity and stillness. I will revise my diet yet again and move towards a diet free from anything that may harm my body.

I will work with the caretakers of Mindful Village to help it grow to meet the needs of more people and families and to become a 501c3 organization at last.

I will find a daily rhythm that works well for my family and help to maintain it...including homeschooling, housework, free/nap time, outside activities, family time ...

I will find time daily to center myself through meditation and prayer and will grow spiritually trough attending weekly worship, Tuesday Night Sunday School, and Coffee and Conversation at OSLC.

I will say yes much more than I say no. I will give much more than I will take. I will live in the present moment. I will accept others for who they are. I will love openly, laugh heartily, and live fully.

I wish you all a blessed 2012!