Just When You Think

You have a handle on this disease it slaps you down! After being on MTX for 18 months and Humira for a year I started my remicade 4 weeks ago, but got a severe sinus infection and had to take meds for that which meant I couldn't take next remicade infusion so been without meds for 3 weeks. I am not going to whine, but my hands and foot are a mess! Cry, feel sorry for myself, but I get an infusion next week so I'm thinking it is going to get better. At work today my right hand totally locked up. Not good for someone who uses her hands daily for work. Typing with one hand is a real pain. I can only speak for myself but I have so many good days that when I have a bad one it really upsets me, I just want to be the person I used to be. But guess that's not going to happen and I have to look at the new me. And I'm OK with that as long as I can make it work. Not asking for solutions, advise, I am just venting. However if you have suggestions or advise for me I am all ears, give it to me, just do not fault me anymore for taking the meds, it is my choice!

I take meds too Matt, any they will give me! I fear immobility above all else. I do my exercises and take my meds. I also lock up at times. I have no advise. But I do know a meaningful life is possible with PsA; it just isn't the same a the life you had. Sometimes it is better, that is up to each of us. So vent away!

I follow the advice of my Docs too, take my meds and do my PT…and it messes with my head when I go down hill too. We think we have a good grip on it all, then you get a slap in the face and you feel your loosing what you’ve gained. Sending you a hug Matt x

Yup, this disease sure keeps us guessing, doesn’t it? I’m so sorry that it’s your hands that are taking a beating just now: I know how important your hands are to doing your job. And typing with one hand … LOL!

Here’s hoping that your infusion gives you the relief you need. Meanwhile, lean on us.

I am supposed to be on remicaide also but havent had it since December because my liver enzymes are elevated- so I have been doing prednisone prednisone prednisone and feel like crap. good news is- last labs looked pretty darn good-so maybe next week.

I lock up too. Sometimes a warm bath helps. I think the idea of trying a Dragon is a great idea. Some of the hand braces and arthritic gloves help a little bit.

It's so hard when we have things relatively under control, a plan in place for feeling even better, and then life throws a wrench in the works. I hope the infusion does the trick for you and you're feeling better soon.