Isn't it funny

Lindseylou, I hope you start feeling better soon. The brownies and Netflix sounds good but Scotch!!! I would rather drink a glass of Buckleys cough medicine, but if it brings you comfort, enjoy!

tntlamb said:

Its just me a a plate of organic brownies, netflix, and a mellow 18 yearold (scotch)

I havent felt this good in several years. Sometimes just a change is good.

The pain doesn't seem to matter.

LOL, Easternlady! The rest of the world will be wondering what’s so special about Buckley’s! It’s one of the Canuck mysteries like Nanaimo Bars, Double-doubles, Poutine, Screech, TimBits and Beaver Tails. Shhhhh…don’t give our national secrets away.

Lamb, you deserve the rest and peace. Get relaxed and ready for the challenge ahead. Organic brownies in a new electric recliner, and an 18 year old on the side. Sounds pretty good to me.

Haha so true Seenie, didn't mean to give our national secrets away lol, now I will be looking over my shoulder fearing I am being followed by those government agents with bad sunglasses and trench coats lol. I should consider sending Lamb a bottle of Screech though, with that he won't have much need for pain meds after his surgery lol

Its been years since I had a Beaver Tail, thanks for reminding me about them!
Seenie said:

LOL, Easternlady! The rest of the world will be wondering what's so special about Buckley's! It's one of the Canuck mysteries like Nanaimo Bars, Double-doubles, Poutine, Screech, TimBits and Beaver Tails. Shhhhh....don't give our national secrets away.

Come on ladies, you can’t mention all these wonderful things without giving this English gal a clue what your talking about. I’m intrigued.

I wore a sling when I took off the end of my finger at work. I ended up having rotator cuff tendonitis, I did lose the function of my left arm due to the sling and had to have cortisone shots and therapy to regain the use. My therapist said I was almost to the point of surgery to get back the use.

Qadosh2him said:

I talked to my ortho surgeon about the belly sling....and he said with the severity of my arthritis, I would lose the use of my arm....it would totally freeze up. I've done some stupid things that hurt like Heck and I can only pray that I did not damage anything. He told me he cut my rotator cuff in half to be able to get access to the joint, then he sewed it back together....so it was essentially a rotator cuff tear in addition to the replacement.

tntlamb said:

Thats interesting about the slings. I've got a big $hot from $eattle coming in to do mine in a few weeks (hes also doing some training for the locals). I'm in a sling now WITH belly strap, because the damage is bad enough they think I could do some serious damage if I move it around. For me basically no sling AFTER the surgery which is a total replacement (usually not nearly as bad as a big dusting and cleaning Job like lindseylou had) and a bunch of work to the tendons top side and no rotator cuff work because there isn't one, This guy says no sling except the first few days after surgery, and then pretty much just to keep the "ice machine" working (those are cool) and after that only when stupidity is imminent (like lifting grand children) The big advantage is a whole lot less PT. Apparently the Swedish Orthopedic Institute where he works determine that more rehab was necessary from the sling than the surgery. We shall see..........

Hope your feeling well today lamb and your pain level is tolerable.