Is this a flare up?

Aashhh my next appointment is in November 30th with the Rheumatologist. In the event that my hands go down again (we are always WELL when we see the Dr after all) I have taken some pictures of them. I have been quite unwell for most of October TBH & fatigue always concerns me because it can be increased inflammation can’t it

Yes, everyone here is so helpful and I have already learned so much. Such as that the amount of discomfort and pain that I am feeling is having a huge effect on my quality of life and that it could be better if I actually verbalised that.
I think your right as well Poo, it’s being educated and its knowing the questions to ask the Rheumatologist. Its maybe expecting a little bit more from the meds than they are currently delivering. As Sybil says – Methotrexate is good but maybe it’s not quite good enough
It’s being able to leave the scene of the accident though isn’t it, right now I’m like a bird stuck in an oil slick & its making me so sad. At some point you need to get up and leave the scene and try, with some help I think to get a bit of distance. I do feel like a dramatic drama queen saying that I’m traumatised but it is so accurate. Forever is a really long time to be told you have a chronic illness. Plus, you lack the understanding and the confidence to begin with to say – hold on but I don’t feel that this is helping enough.
It’s a tricky illness and it hides, especially when you are with the Dr – then its nowhere to be seen

3 Likes