Is remission possible?

Has anyone experienced this? Does it last long? Is it common or not so?

1 Like

Yes, absolutely!

I’m over a year in remission, since I’ve been on this juicing regime. It’s been like I’ve been given my life back, after a decade of disease.

1 Like

Hey Never,

I first had P under a couple finger/toe nails starting at about 18-19yrs old. That continued untill I was around 26 years old.

When I was 25-26 I started to feel pain in my right and left toe and my right middle finger. One day (literally) I woke up and my feet were purple and I couldn't walk. I went to the DR and he gave me prednisone for 6mos. It worked but, after three months I gained 50lbs and felt like a psychopath so, I quit taking it. I still had P under my nails and a little pain/swelling for the next year.

When I was around 27 I went to a dermotologist, thinking my nails had a fungas. He took one look and put me on Enbrel. From 27years old to 37 years old I took my Enbrel and had no significant problems, unless I stoped taking my Enbrel. I did heavy physical work so I can't complain!

The past 3 years have been worse. It's moving into all fingers and toes, my back, neck, and the fatigue is a killer.

In my opinion remission is a big word when it comes to PSA. I don't think it ever goes into remission. I think it may be slowed down with a BIO but, that's it. Also, I think the problem a lot of people/Drs have is thinking it does stop when people take nsaids/MTX (and sometimes take nothing). Months go by, years go by...you deal with a little pain, a little swelling...next thing you know you're full blown PSA and the intire time your body has been attacking itself you just didn't know it.

Yes! I was dx at age 10 (31 yrs ago), and have had 4 remissions, lasting on average 2 yrs. The odd thing is that nothing in particular triggered the remissions. As I get older the remissions are getting less frequent....it was 10 yrs ago I had the last one, by far the longest period I've had without one.

Oh, the remission 10 yrs ago WAS due to something...I started Enbrel and boom, remission. The remission only stopped because I had an internal bleed and needed surgery and blood transfusions, and that was enough of a shock that a flare began. I have yet to get it completely under control again. The other remissions just happened; I was on lots of meds, and then I just needed less until I didn't need any.

The PsA always comes back. Remissions are really wonderful, but it's hard when the PsA hits again, usually in a massive flare, and you have to fight back to a new normal again.

1 Like

Hi Grooveh,

Please do share your juicing regime!!! I'm all ears!! :-)

grooveh said:

Yes, absolutely!

I'm over a year in remission, since I've been on this juicing regime. It's been like I've been given my life back, after a decade of disease.

What is your Juicing regime...I want to know as well, and what is your diet? I've been trying to eat better.

grooveh said:

Yes, absolutely!

I'm over a year in remission, since I've been on this juicing regime. It's been like I've been given my life back, after a decade of disease.

I agree Robert, I've had PsA, starting in my toes, which are all swollen now and slowly moving to my fingers, this over two years, for the most part I functioned normally, but the last 4 months it's hit my right knee and arch of my left foot and now out of nowhere I'm in constant pain, find it hard to walk and very depressing.

Robert said:

Hey Never,

I first had P under a couple finger/toe nails starting at about 18-19yrs old. That continued untill I was around 26 years old.

When I was 25-26 I started to feel pain in my right and left toe and my right middle finger. One day (literally) I woke up and my feet were purple and I couldn't walk. I went to the DR and he gave me prednisone for 6mos. It worked but, after three months I gained 50lbs and felt like a psychopath so, I quit taking it. I still had P under my nails and a little pain/swelling for the next year.

When I was around 27 I went to a dermotologist, thinking my nails had a fungas. He took one look and put me on Enbrel. From 27years old to 37 years old I took my Enbrel and had no significant problems, unless I stoped taking my Enbrel. I did heavy physical work so I can't complain!

The past 3 years have been worse. It's moving into all fingers and toes, my back, neck, and the fatigue is a killer.

In my opinion remission is a big word when it comes to PSA. I don't think it ever goes into remission. I think it may be slowed down with a BIO but, that's it. Also, I think the problem a lot of people/Drs have is thinking it does stop when people take nsaids/MTX (and sometimes take nothing). Months go by, years go by...you deal with a little pain, a little swelling...next thing you know you're full blown PSA and the intire time your body has been attacking itself you just didn't know it.