Humira

Can ou tell me what you think of Humira?

THe good, the bad, and the ugly.

Hi Dallie, I had great success on Humira for about 5-6 years. Taking MTX on and off as well. I would have a red, swollen and itchy spot at injection site for a day. no biggy and no other side effects. Eventually, my infection rate was too high and it was losing effectiveness. I'm now 5 months into Orencia without much improvement. I miss Humira.

there is no bad for me. The ugly came when I had to go off due too back to back infections. 5 weeks off humira and I now know it works and brilliantly. I have never had a reaction , no site reactions it's all been good. I have not been ill except for the infections. I picked those up in another country and because I wore myself down.

I may have another bladder infection. I am holding out for a few more hours I may go to emerg later on LOL. that being said I have felt absoultly fabulous ( as good as can be expected to this disease) since I started on Humira and the last month is the best I have felt in 5 years.

Tell me about Azulfidine and Humira. Just up my dose to 8 pills and took my first Humira shot. My skin is starting to clean - but my stomach hurts. I stretch each morning. I don't know much about this illness and my husband doesn't seem to understand. He says - I want to be there for you, but I don't know how, I can't make it better.

My family thinks I need to just get over it. How do I let them know that I am not being Lazy or faking? It isn't something I can just get over??

I hate taking so much meds - but I think I am feeling a little better. Just can't find much about Azulfidine and Psa.

THanks for listening. New to group and new to this.

I don't know anything at all about azulfidine. As for your family bring someone to your next doc appt and get the doc to explain you have a disease a progressive disease that does not go away. A good book to get is Psoriatic Arthritis the facts by Dafna Gladman and another doctor. good luck
Dallie2627 said:

Tell me about Azulfidine and Humira. Just up my dose to 8 pills and took my first Humira shot. My skin is starting to clean - but my stomach hurts. I stretch each morning. I don't know much about this illness and my husband doesn't seem to understand. He says - I want to be there for you, but I don't know how, I can't make it better.

My family thinks I need to just get over it. How do I let them know that I am not being Lazy or faking? It isn't something I can just get over??

I hate taking so much meds - but I think I am feeling a little better. Just can't find much about Azulfidine and Psa.

THanks for listening. New to group and new to this.

Ive been on Humira since January and since the first injection i have seen results! I can actually tell if I have missed my injection or it is getting close to injection day! I have found that after my injection i am kind weak and just feel exhausted but it is worth it for the results I am seeing!

Azulfadine (sulfasalazine) is a DMARD that is used to treat ulcerative colitis, Crohn's, and inflammatory arthritis.