Hi :)

Hi everyone. Just thought I would introduce myself and give you a bit of background. Well I am a 29 year old female from south africa. I was diagnosed with PsA at the age of 22. Quite sure my symptoms started at the age of 17 though. I studied engineering then worked as a programmer for about 6 years. At that stage I was just so burned out trying to be "normal" and to work at the same pace as healthy people that I had to quit my job. Since then I have started studying again. I am doing my masters now but its been tough. I am struggling to juggle studies, flare-ups, getting sick and the latests problem, a labral tear in my hip that I have to get surgery for. I am glad to have found this community as I can really do with some support from people who understand what I go through on a daily basis. The people in my life try really hard (and I love them for that) but I don't think one can really understand what it is to live with pain 24/7 unless you have been there yourself. Looking forward to making some new friends :)

*N

Welcome! It is such a relief to find people who know exactly what it means to have PsA. This site has given me so much solace Over the years. I hope you find the same support and comfort. :slight_smile:

Welcome here, Nicolene! It sounds like this disease has given you quite a ride. Welcome to the place where everybody understands what it means to have this oddball condition. Your days of coping alone are SO over!
You may be interested in the book which I recommend under BOOK REVIEWS (above, in the green banner). The e-book is a bargain, and it’s the best layperson’s guide to this disease that you are likely to find. The drug information is bit out of date because things change so quickly on that front, but otherwise it is a tremendous resource.
Alles van die beste!