Help MTX

I started on MTX but had a very bad reaction, and been taken off it.

In the meantime I have been given Anti Histamine and Antibiotics while they decide on what next to try me on.

I am very worried to start on another DMARD but PsA is very bad and very aggresive, any help would be great.

Darren

Hi Darren,
What kind of reaction did you have? Was that your first DMARD? I had extreme fatigue from MTX but it has been remedied by folic acid supplements and I think I also just acclimated to it. I took plaquenil for 6 months and had no side effects but it didn't help me at all that I could see. All of the drugs are different and everyone responds differently, try to stay positive, it can be frustrating because it usually takes weeks to know if a drug is going to help.

Mel B said:

Hi Darren,
What kind of reaction did you have? Was that your first DMARD? I had extreme fatigue from MTX but it has been remedied by folic acid supplements and I think I also just acclimated to it. I took plaquenil for 6 months and had no side effects but it didn't help me at all that I could see. All of the drugs are different and everyone responds differently, try to stay positive, it can be frustrating because it usually takes weeks to know if a drug is going to help.