Hello! New member here

Yes, it is scary. My first bout with this happened when I was 25 years old, and, needless to say, it frightened me. Good to know, though, that although it's real, it's not cause for any other concern except for how much it hurts. And it does hurt a bunch. Makes it hard sometimes just to take a deep breath!

Had a cardiologist shot me up for the rib chest pain several years back. Haven't had much problem since. He told me at the time, his specialty was best suited for it because of their familiarity with the anatomy.

I got shot up even before they knew I had PsA, Demerol in the sternum area! That was memorable!! I had to be held down for that by Doc and hubby. It worked, got me out of it. I was so bad I couldn't pick up a tea cup, whatever it was, and sometimes those undiagnosed attacks start in ribs, sometimes in legs. Muscles, tendons????

Hi Holly,

Welcome to the group. I too am very new here and I have to say that just reading and chatting with others has really helped me. It is so comforting to know that what I feel is ok and that there are people around that can really relate!

I hope that you are able to use this venue to talk to me and others and know that you are not alone. There are lots of great people on here and I know that I have already started feeling better just by being able to talk to others who know what I mean.

--Suparna