Heart Issues - Have you had them

I have an appointment with a Cardiologist. I have had symtoms that put me in the hospital for 4 days where lying down was very painful. They did every test in the book. They could not tell me a thing when I was discharged other than unstable angina. I have a low resting heart rate(HR) (45 to 60). When I have any type of proceedure where I am put under my HR drops to 35 or so. They did a stress test via injection, my heart rate went to 85 durring the stress test. All the Dr. were wondering how I could do this.

Any one else with a low resting heart rate and have had chest pain.

Yes.

Short version: I was at one point DX'd with a rhythm problem (true) and treated with an ablation which actually helped. A few years later I was admitted held in ICU for several days receiving every test under the sky for "angina" and ultimatley decided to have heart failure. I took some very nasty drugs for a while. My PCP said perhaps but more likely it was something else. I finally had enough of the drug routine and was weaned off (actually had a pretty significant improvement. When I had no change my PCP noticed my psoriasis, thought something might be up and sent me to a dermo to confirm it was P. The dermo sent me to the Rheumy and i was DX'd with PsA. She said she felt the Heart stuff was all PsA related as It occurs at least 10% of the time PsA DOES effect organs. In any event I had another occurence (of the pain and even pain down the arm), The heart guy did some scans looking for Costochondritis, did find any but decided to do some injections anyway because the inflamation can be subtle but still rais all manner of havoc. The injections provided immediate relief.

FWIW It was at that point I decided I needed control. I managed to quit smoking after 42 years, lost 150 pounds and got back into shape. I still take a Bio and daily NSAID (or I pay a terrible price) but "problems" and unexplained "wierdness" and debilitating back pain going back to when I was 18 along with a dependence on pain meds to get through a day are gone. I have had some dandy flairs and also some long term remission. Its a daily grind

I'm impressed that the heart guy actually looked for and treated constochondritis, even without finding specific evidence. Good for you that you made such extreme changes for your health.

Thanks

I am still having heart issues after a full year now. The original one was pain in my left arm and my jaw. I could not lay down without a ton of pain. They gave me nitro and a lot of different pain meds. The final put me on antibiotics. It cleared it up with the exception of the low heart rate and the constent pain in my chest. My Family Dr. is sending me to the Cardiologist finally a year later. I am not show what to expect. I have had sever sleep apnea which reading online about it said that it could be do to the sleep apnea. I now sleep with a CPAP but the pain is still there. I have an enlarged heart on my left side. I have tried to explain to the Dr. that it feel like I have a air bubble in my chest that feel like it needs to pop. I have to take swallow breaths to keep the pain from being sharp. I am hoping for an answer from the Cardiologist.

Lamb- How did you manage to quit smoking? It is something I am not dealing with though I know I should. I am dealing with horrific fatigue and pain lately (not to mention the aforementioned Mother and sisters troubles) and sometimes smoking and coffee are my solace. I guess what I really need is an attitude adjustment! But in the mean time how did you quit?