Fun times

...I've been back on Arava for the past month to try and get this flare under control. Sigh.

The gastrointestinal effects are back. Blergh. It's never got bad enough the last time I was on it for 7 months, I just had to vent.

ps: it is helping about 20%, just as it did before. At this point I'll take the improvement even with the side effects!

Blergh is right. I've been taking it every other day, and the control is fairly good for me at this dose, without the daily hours of diarrhea. It's not as good as at full dose, but clearly things had to be balanced out a bit.

Thanks for reminding me of this option Stoney. I now remember you posting about your every other day dosing. My doc lets me play around with my meds as needed. If for some reason the GI stuff gets worse than the last time I took it, I'll try every other day.

Stoney said:

Blergh is right. I've been taking it every other day, and the control is fairly good for me at this dose, without the daily hours of diarrhea. It's not as good as at full dose, but clearly things had to be balanced out a bit.

Ugh - I hope you figure out a balance that minimizes side effects and PsA effects! What a lot to deal with just to feel better.

Make sure you drink plenty of fluids as it is very easy to become dehydrated. A sports drinks can help you replace those body salts and minerals you can so quickly loose. Take extra special care of yourself. I hope your soon on the improve and I wish you well.