Feeling really funky

hello everyone guick question I am on 0.8 methotrexate injection seems like after I take it I am tired and feel drained for a few days but the last to injections I have felt a head ache for a couple of days and neck hurting but my eyes feel dry and also this foggy feeling in my head wondering does anyone else feel this way after taking meds

howdy howdydoodee!

i used to take MTX by injection on a Saturday night and would rarely get out of bed before sometime late on Sunday afternoon. I frequently got terrible headaches from it, too. I was always told to hydrate well with the MTX and it took a few months for me to realize that this means drinking LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of water. Once I figured that out and drank 32oz of water on waking and the same amount throughout the day I would feel far less headachy and stiff. I never figured out how to not get dog tired when I was on it, though, Good luck!

Drinking, drinking, drinking and I time my dose so the fatigue hits me over night.

I take it orally and the fatigue hits 3.5 days after the dose, so I have changed to timing so it hits at bed time.

Dry eyes (and mouth) are often a symptom of Ps A, there are really good lubricating drops for both.

goodluck

Dry eyes and mouth can also be more debilitating, and be another autoimmune disease, Sjogren's disease. Undiagnosed and unmanaged, there can be some serious damage. Just a word to the wise.

Yes and the headaches the night of injection and the day after, started around the 6 month mark....migraine's, I would go to bed and feel like my heart was beating in my head :-( I also had a lot of eye involvement, strange feeling, saw a ophthalmologist and yes it was dry eyes. My energy was super low, when we added the sulfa I had a slight increase but it never got much better over the course. I stopped taking it just after 7 months. Hope it gets better for you!

I take 25mg (10 tablets) of MTX once per week and struggled with fatigue the next day until I started taking folic acid every day. I take 2 milligrams of folic acid (not micrograms) every day and drink plenty of water. Also, I take my MTX in the evening, not morning. I don't notice side effects at all now.

I've been battling dry eyes longer than I have been on MTX, for that I take Restasis and got punctal plugs in my tear ducts. That seems to take care of the dry eyes, although I still use lubricating drops in the winter along with a good humidifier.

I was on 1 mg injection MTX for about a year until it started affecting my liver. While I was on it, I experienced what my doctor told me is commonly known as a "MTX hangover." I would sleep for 30 hours or so, and wake up feeling like I needed to sleep some more! Glad I'm off that drug now!