Feeling better

Please don't give up is my message today. Please read my blog post and called getting well. Off drugs after 20 years.

I have so much empathy with you guys suffering out there because I have too. And I'nm not anymore. And I am completely drug free. And I have challenged the treatment and advice I have been given . And I've looked and found mt own answers and my own solutions. And its taken guts to challenge all this stuff. And I know its because I am well I have the energy to do this - because I am not ill any more. I know how tired you are. But please do some more reading, some more looking and thinking. Try all the stuff about dangerous grains, and glten sites like Dr Peter Osborne, read all the paleo/primal diet stuff you can find, learn everything you can about fats especially from biochemists like Mary Enig and Prof Art Ayers. read everything about the role of carbohydrate metabolism and insulin and inflammation- everything about gut flora from Klebsiella and stuff about leaky gut. It will all help you understand how your complex biochemistry works, that auto immune is a response to something. Check out how low carb diets work by reading the Art and science by Volek and Phinney, anything by Sally Fallon about how traditional cultures modified their grains by fermenting them first and ponder a while on exactly what your food is doing to your precious metabolic pathways. Give up grains and legumes, understand what is carbohydrate, fructose, understand why omega 3 and omega 6 are out of balance in a modern western diet , and then follow advice on diet from some of these guys who understand inflammatory processes. Yopu will feel a whole lot better and empowered. Drugs play with your symptoms. You can have some effect on the cause.

For those of us that have been drained dry of money by the medical world, is there some resource on the internet where we can find a menu or instructions on eating the paleo-primal diet. This sounds SO RIGHT to me. You are what you eat.

I particularly like fermented grains, especially barley when its mixed with Willamette Hops going light on the bittering. I have a mash ready to go into the carboy now......

Yes diet can help.

There are many resources but not one simple solution. Try Paleo diet sites by Robb Wolf and Mark Sissons Primal Diet. read about grains - Dangerous Grains is a helpful book, as is Dr Peter Osborne on Gluten issues and its role in auto immune disorders. Anything by Loren Cordain, Gary Taubes, Mary Enig on why omega 3 /6 ratios in modern diets are distorted and how this affects us and what to do about it, also all the science regarding why high saturated fat with low carb is a healthy lifestyle and how to do it properly. Volek and Phinney - the art and science of low carbohydrate living - very useful. You will need to understand some of the issues about carbohydrate metabolism and insulin's role in inflammation , look at and ask questions of Prof art Ayers on his blog , Cooling Inflammation. Good luck xxx

klutzwalker1960 said:

For those of us that have been drained dry of money by the medical world, is there some resource on the internet where we can find a menu or instructions on eating the paleo-primal diet. This sounds SO RIGHT to me. You are what you eat.

Ha ha !! I'm rather partial to fermented grapes myself. Especially cabernet sauvignon grapes, ripened in a sunny part of Southern France ....

tntlamb said:

I particularly like fermented grains, especially barley when its mixed with Willamette Hops going light on the bittering. I have a mash ready to go into the carboy now......

Yes diet can help.

LOL!

tntlamb said:

Yes diet can help.

Hello,

I just joined this site today and am intereseted in knowing more about the diet your are following. I want to be pain free, drug free, and not tired!

Could you please give some examples of what you DO eat?

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi Lisa

I have just posted a blog which I cut and pasted from an article I just found on the internet by a runner who explains it well and gives some good resources( which are some of mine too.) He is Prof Tim Noakes and I literally found this a few minutes ago. The comments are also very interesting reading. It is still a controversial approach , but as he says, I honestly believe this will be mainstream soon. I am going to do as he suggests in this article and take my testimony to my health professionals. There is a lot of controversy over many of the issues which we are taught such as low fat is good, fruit and veg is good etc. Its just the public dont get to hear the issues, just the bottom line ie eat fat get heart disease. the bottom line for me I feel one hundred percent well. I havent ever felt this well before in my life ( probably because I was always gluten intolerant) the issue is stick to this properly and it is much healthier than living with any kind of chronic inflammation. I have been very ill - so to do this and feel well is a walk in the park . For people who havent had twenty years of methotrexate, humira, sulphasalazine and their joys it might not be so appealing xxx