Feeling a lot better!

I live in Bangalore, India. I have had Psoriatic Arthritis for about 5 years now. With pain specifically in my feet (heel, ankles, and knees). My rheumatologist put me on 15 mg of MTX with 10 mg of Folic acid. In about two years of the treatment, my knees healed. However, my heel and ankles were still a problem.

July 2018 - Viral Fever and Viral Arthritis.
One fine day, I woke up with a terrible fever. The doctor told me it was a viral fever. It took about 4 days to heal and I was ok. Fast forward one week and all hell broke loose - I had pain in my hand, feet, knees - much worse than the regular arthritis. My rheumatologist told me that it was viral arthritis and would take a few months to heal. He gave me a 10mg steroid shot and pain killer for the next month. Crawling out of bed was difficult. Getting to work was difficult. Moving around was difficult. Opening a car door, the house door seemed to be daunting tasks. I could not do without the pain killers. Fast forward 3 months, nothing changed - still the same pain. I took a day off from work since I couldn’t get out of bed and googled Accupuncture near me.

I met this therapist (Pravin Kumar from Ayushyaa Clinic) who listened intently and told me that I would be ok in 4 months. Hogwash, I thought. He gave me a mixture of Ashwagandha, Rock Sugar, Methi, and Ginger. He asked me to consume it with cold milk twice a day. He also performed acupressure only on my hands. I go to him daily for the treatment. However, its been 2 months, and I am 90 percent better than I used to be. Even though it is winter here, I am able to walk 4-5 kms without a problem. I had broken down physically and was on the verge of breaking down emotionally. Luckily, I found this clinic and so far, it seems like my life has turned around.

2 Likes