Fears

Now that is a concern. I believe you need to plan ahead and discuss with your OB and Rheumy Drs. your desire to get pregnant. I just read that sometimes that rx is used to terminate pregnancies. My point is that there are other options of treatment and your physicians, understanding your concerns, can help you plan ahead.

Just remember that stress aggravates PsA and can affect not only your family, but any upcoming pregnancy. I understand now that you have a lot on your plate. It is hard to have a family, home, studies, and being ill. If you add pregnancy to it, it can be overwhelming. Only a strong woman desires high goals. Think of how far you've come, and how close you are to graduation and the completion of that goal. I know you are proud of your accomplishments. Soon your child will go to school and that can free you to achieve some other goals.

It helps me to count my blessings, think of the things I can do instead of the things I am not able to. I have also learned that life is hard for everybody. I know I worry, but I try to process my fears, learn to accept what I cannot change, and adapt. This attitude has helped me through my illnesses, which are many (two pages long of rx and diseases).

I wonder if you can post photos of your graduation on this site...

Lena Diaz said:

I am not opposed to taking it with another medication. I just am affraid to take methotrexate. :( ... I really want to have more kids in the future.

Lena if you have one in the area and are not thoroughly attached to your current Rheumy I would suggest looking into a women rheum, they tend to be a little more understanding of the crave for more babies. The information I was given is that you can have children with Mtx but you have to get off of it for at least 6 months before trying again. I stomped my foot and said no! She smiled and we moved on to the next drug. The next bit of advice she gave me was a lot easier to take, most autoimmunes like ours tend to go into remission in pregnancy! Lol she even joked I could just stay pregnant as treatment, of course my husband did not seem to go for that one! Though it is a lot harder to get pregnant with our condition! Just stick to your guns on what medications you agree and don’t agree with and find someone willing to help within your needs.

Hugs, Lena! It sounds like you've gotten lots of good advice here. It sounds like you're quite overwhelmed with mothering, being a student, dealing with PsA, and everything else you have on your plate. It's a lot to deal with at once. As a mom of five, I can tell you that altering your expectations of yourself is crucial for your emotional survival. Good memories can be made snuggling with mom in bed, reading books with mom in bed, helping serve mom breakfast (or lunch, or dinner) in bed, playing board games in bed. For me, it works well to have my bed in the living room - by day we put a cover over it and add lots of decorative pillows and it's a giant daybed where we can all cuddle and I can be comfortable. Figure out what works for you! :)

Wow! Everyone has given me so many things to look at and to understand. I guess I was just feeling like I wasn’t good enough for anyone with being sick. As if I wasn’t achieving enough because of my bad days. I do have a wonderful boyfriend, but he is gone a lot with work so I do not always have his help. It’s definitely so much harder when he is away. But thank you again to everyone. Especially the other mom who let me know that I can still be a great mommy even though I am sick. I was pushing myself to do everything I was able to do in the past and it was so hard on me. So really thank you. This all means so much to me. You are all a wonderful group of people!

great post, thanks for sharing.