Fatigue

Sorry for all the questions I’m posting I was wondering if anyone suffers from fatigue,I have had problem with fatigue for the past year.l find it the worse symptom of this ilness.Does anyone have any tips or advise on fatigue?,when it comes over me it’s just like being an electrical appliance being unplugged I can’t do anything just lay down,I feel unwell in a way I can’t describe.ls this a common side effect of this illness?. Can I just say I really appreciate the time that you have all given me with my questions,I have been so desperate since diagnosed to talk with people who really know what I’m going through.l can’t thank the people who have messaged me enough.

I do know how you feel, my energy levels get so low sometimes and I get this overwhelming feeling of I must sit down or lie down for a bit and sometimes I can even fall to sleep. For me it is this slight woosy weak type of feeling that tells me I must take a rest. The best I have found to help counter act this fatique is to eat a good amount of fruit and vegetables daily in a variety of colours making sure you eat plenty of green leafy vegetables and green salads. I also snack on nuts and dried fruit and yogurt.

Fatigue is pretty common. When the disease is under better control, the fatigue is typically lessened, so this is definitely something to talk to your doctor about. As much as I complain of fatigue now, I still remember what it was like before I started Plaquenil. I had a toddler and a 6yr old, and I had to lay down repeatedly throughout the day just to make it through. We're talking about 4 or 5 rest periods a day.

Are you taking any DMARDs or other medications?

Thank you bella I’ve been trying to improve my diet a lot since being diagnosed,and not sure if it’s making an improvement but I figured it would help me be more healthy in the long run.l have had a lot of weight loss and I’m now trying to keep an eye on that as well,thankyou for the reply.

I’m on methotrexate,and pain relief stoney,that must of been so hard for you having young children.l have a teenage son and it has been really hard for him to see his mum going through this,it makes me feel guilty to be poorly.l really hope things are better for you now and your children bless you

Fatigue is super common. My dr. discovered my Vitamin D was very low, and I've always been on the cusp of anemia. If I forget to take my iron, D3, or B6 and B12 supplements, my fatigue is worse...as in, I feel too tired to sit up, lift my arms, or move.

When my disease is more under control, the fatigue improves.

I have felt like that often - I posted a discussion about sleeping up to 16 hours a day. It has also been the worse symptom for me.I just started Remicade and hoping to help. JW on this site recently started talking Plaquenil for fatigue. I think there are other meds that can help with the med - I would discuss with your doc and the side effects of these meds. Also, ask as many questions as you want - that's why we are all here - to ask questions and learn from each other.

warmly,

Frances

Yes, fatigue and the guilt that goes with it are very difficult. Self esteem is sorely challenged by this condition, especially when a flare up knocks you for six, and you're too knackered to invest the time and energy into the lives of your loved ones.

I've learnt that you just have to explain what's going on, patiently and reassuringly whilst giving yourself the time and the space you need to find the appropriate solutions for you.

Hope you're feeling at least a little better, Miss S, & good luck everyone, :)