Does anyones have experience or advice for stopping prescriptions that i think are no longer helping?

I am taking MTX, 10mg and Enbrel; and my PsA is doing well. I have begun to stop other medications I take. I stopped Neurontin, flexeril and narcotic pain killers. I am in a weaning process from Wellbutrin and tomorrow I am asking my GP to help me stop Cymbalta. I have had RFA (radiofrequency ablation) on my lower back, and it works great. The RFA and physical therapy seem to be the most helpful. I believe these other meds are not doing anything to help me and actually add to my inactivity. I suffered from depression,when my pain was much worse, I think pain and it's limitations caused my depression. I think these medications add to fatigue too. I am scheduled for a sleep study for apnea later this year. Does anyone have any experience with this?

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ADVICE FOR ME? OR WISH TO SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH THIS?

My only suggestion would be to work with your doctor on this. Some meds should be taken away slowly, and you may need to slow down a bit at this point.

Good for you though, that you are getting such good disease control and that you are in less pain.

I agree with Stoney. I do not know how long you have stopped taking neurotin but it usually has a weening process recommend as well but the other two can be stopped easily. The best bet is send an email to your doctor so they are aware of the changes you made to your plan and enables you continue a good communication with them. Having a bad report with your medical team is not well recommended. Congratulations on moving forward this does make great sense but best to err on side of precaution none of us are doctors. Good luck and good for you!

I never took a high dose of Neurontin, 100mg at night,and it's been about 3 weeks since I stopped--the same with flexeril, one at night, I sometimes broke it in half. My doctor knows and she has given me a schedule to stop Wellbutrin. I really want to stop Cymbalta. I wanted to know others' experience with stopping these drugs, what to expect, how difficult and how long it took; or any unusual symptoms. Somehow, being informed lessens my apprehension. :)
Rachael said:

I agree with Stoney. I do not know how long you have stopped taking neurotin but it usually has a weening process recommend as well but the other two can be stopped easily. The best bet is send an email to your doctor so they are aware of the changes you made to your plan and enables you continue a good communication with them. Having a bad report with your medical team is not well recommended. Congratulations on moving forward this does make great sense but best to err on side of precaution none of us are doctors. Good luck and good for you!

I have never taken cymbalta but have had two rounds with wellbutrin. The most recent was 3 wks at 150 mg and stopped with no taper and no side effects. The other I was taking the same 150 mg for about 3 months but spent less than one week taper of every other day and again no noticeable side effects.