Do survivors of sepsis (septic shock), have immunity to the causes of the infection?

Do survivors of sepsis (septic shock), have immunity to the causes of the infection? I'm curious if I may have immunity to the cause of my septic shock 4 years ago. As septic shock is an immune response, I thought I might find my answer here. Ebola survivors are believed to have immunity to the strain they have survived; that caused me to question if the same is true for sepsis. Septic shock and Ebola have the same symptoms. I suffered a heart attack, my liver and kidneys were failing; and just as there was no more hope the antibiotics started to work. My heart goes out to all of those who are suffering now.

It all depends on the cause of the sepsis. You would only have immunity if it was caused by a specific virus. But to a bacterial infection? Not at all.

Think about it, you can get strep throat, a bacterial infection, again and again. You would be treated with antibiotics each time. For measles, as an example, it is caused by a virus. You gain immunity either through having had the measles virus and recovered, or through a vaccination. Sometimes immunity can wear off, which would mean that you might be susceptible to it again, or may need a booster shot.

Okay, so long story short, there are many different causes of septic shock. You would not necessarily have immunity to that or other causes.

I’m sorry that you went through such a rough experience. That must have been truly terrifying to you and your loved ones.

After all of the infections I've had in my lifetime; I should have known that...duh :-)...the sepsis infection I had was a combination of bacterial, viral, and fungal, and very difficult to treat.

Stoney said:

It all depends on the cause of the sepsis. You would only have immunity if it was caused by a specific virus. But to a bacterial infection? Not at all.

Think about it, you can get strep throat, a bacterial infection, again and again. You would be treated with antibiotics each time. For measles, as an example, it is caused by a virus. You gain immunity either through having had the measles virus and recovered, or through a vaccination. Sometimes immunity can wear off, which would mean that you might be susceptible to it again, or may need a booster shot.

Okay, so long story short, there are many different causes of septic shock. You would not necessarily have immunity to that or other causes.

I'm sorry that you went through such a rough experience. That must have been truly terrifying to you and your loved ones.